• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

d20 Modern: Over the Edge

Mickerus

First Post
"Sad Mary's it is, then."

The Total Taxi makes one last turn in the Plaza of Science, and after a short ride, you all arrive in the bustling Plaza of Flowers, with Sad Mary's Bar and Girl right across the street from you.

As Lucky and Luccia get ready to exit the cab, the driver looks back and smiles. "That'll be sixty-five dollars, please. Additional gratuities, are, of course, greatly appreciated."

-----

Blondie reaches back and grabs Greaseball by his free arm. "Sit down, Slag," he says, "The boss didn't want us causing trouble. Tonight."

Slag noticeably grimaces, and both Shaun and Richard see that Blondie's knuckles are completely white as he grasps Slag's arm. Slag slumps back into his chair with an apologetic look, though it seems to be mainly for Blondie's benefit.

With his free hand, Blondie stubs out his cigarette on the tray at his table before turning around to face Richard (all the while completely ignoring the two Aries present). "You don't have to worry about my friend here. I'll make sure he behaves for the rest of the night, alright?" As he relaxes his grip on Slag's arm, Slag manages a pathetic smile and emphatically nods his head in agreement.

Without waiting for a response, Blondie looks at Shaun and with a slight smile asks "Is there a problem, friend?"

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Mickerus said:
"You don't have to worry about my friend here. I'll make sure he behaves for the rest of the night, alright?"

"Damn right you will," growls Richard, "or I'll take my time informing them," he jerks his head towards the Aries, "that you're unconscious and they can stop now." He doesn't take very well to people trying to stab other people to death, especially while he's on duty. He turns to Shaun curiously, giving him a once-over and awaiting his response to Blondie's question.

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
Mickerus said:
Blondie looks at Shaun and with a slight smile asks "Is there a problem, friend?"
Shaun pulls a packet of cigarettes out of his pocket, flicking open the top.

"Got a light?" He asks with a grin.

Last edited:

Orochi

First Post
Luccia giggles a bit and takes Lucky's extended arm as the two start to enter Sad Mary's.

"I still owe you for my share of the cab ride. I'll buy the first round or two."

Mickerus

First Post
Blondie raises an eyebrow at Shaun's question, and the slightest of smiles creeps on his face.

"Well that's a first. Half the people here would probably have a puddle at their feet by now."

He produces a simple disposable lighter, flicks it on, and holds it up for Shaun as he looks towards Richard and the Aries, saying "Are we done here? Or would you like Slag to hand you a written apology? I sure hope not; I don't think the boy knows how to read."

Slag doesn't say anything, but frowns at Blondie and practically growls.

Lucky and Luccia make their way through the colorful crowd of the Plaza of Flowers, and enter Sad Mary's Bar and Girl. The place has become lively again, though there's still a few people here and there watching what looks like a fight about to start brewing.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Richard gives him one more long look, and then turns his back to him and faces the Aries. "All right, boys, nothin' more to see here." He turns to Shaun. "You too, pal," he adds, not unkindly.

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
Shaun lights his cigarette, then offers the packet to the Lucies. "Thanks." He nods to Richard. "Right, I'll be off then. Cigarette?" He waves the packet vaguely in the bouncer's direction.

Remove ads