• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Daft idea: His 'n' Hers game system

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Oh sure. That doesn't mean I want to play a unicorn-riding fairy princess from Sunshine Village questing for the Rainbow Prisms of Hope while everybody else is playing D&D.

Well, not while everyone else was playing D&D for sure. But if I could get EVERYONE to play uniciorn-riding fairy princesses from Sunshine Village....first it would be hilarious, and then it might actually be kind of fun. You know, once. And then it's back to slicing up evil necromancers into little bite-size pieces and scattering them all over the nation.

And, heck, it might even be fun to play those fairy princesses using IH rules, because Orcus knows I won't be getting it past half my group if I don't give them their bloodshed. :)

DM: "As you align the Rainbow Prisms of Hope, Darkcloak screams out in frustration. 'Noooo! How could you Rainbow Princesses defeat me!'"
Fairy Princess Gweniviere: "I cut off his head"
DM: "Uhm..."
Fairy Princess Gweniviere: "And then sodomize him with it."
DM: "Er....just...uh..."
Fairy Princess Gweniviere: "Right. Just like I did with those Darklies."
DM: ".....can I get an attack roll?"

Goldmoon

First Post
JustKim said:
Oh sure. That doesn't mean I want to play a unicorn-riding fairy princess from Sunshine Village questing for the Rainbow Prisms of Hope while everybody else is playing D&D.

I would be a fairy Queen , not a princess... :p

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
....and because Goldmoon was kind enough to share....

optimusprime.jpg

...and just because....

spandchim.jpg

Okay, done for now. :uhoh:

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Hahaha, okay, fine, I was going for cheesecake update, but if you're looking for the BEFORE picture....

Here ya go.

optimus.jpg

And I also found one of those "candid shots."

Optimus%20Prime!.jpg

Ah, our youthful crushes never are as good the second time around. :)

Arrgh! Mark!

First Post
I bought BR for the wife. She doesn't want to DM it mainly because the standard players in my group tend to go for the hardcore combat filled with people being nasty to one another.

*Thinks he should go and pick up Game of Thrones RPG*

I remember reading about the "Pirates" of Aldis don't really pirate anything but just go and look for treasure all the time.

Well, the rules are nice. I really like the magic system.

Dr Simon

Explorer
For the record, no, I don't think that all women would prefer a game like BR :). That would be silly to suggest. However, it *is* inspired by a sub-genre of fantasy dominated mainly be women authors. Not all female fantasy authors write in such worlds (Sheri S. Tepper comes to mind), of course. Again, not suggesting such a thing. (I did say it was a daft idea in the subject heading!)

Whilst the female gamers in the group I play with (D&D 2) may tend towards auxiliary characters rather than front-line fighters, they certainly aren't averse to causing mayhem (unavoidable for the thief/cleric of Loki and fairly common for the gnome with the self-assembling pocket trebuchet and poisonous clockwork spying bee...).

Actually, the idea of making the games *culturally* specific is an interesting, and less contentious, alternative.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
FYI, I've had great success using subtly different game systems for different nations IMC. IH and BR are pretty divergent, almost to the point of not working together, but I've had D&D and IH and AE and d20 Modern all alongside each other without too much disruption. It takes a very light approach, even when the rules want you to get detailed, because you will hit points where two systems handle the same things in two different ways and sometimes you can do them different, but sometimes you need to have them act the same accross the board.

Magic systems are easier to do this with. One nation uses psionics! One nation uses divine magic! One nation uses arcane magic! One nation uses binders, another shadowcasters, a third truenamers...a fourth, the Paths of the Nine Swords.

Remove ads