• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Daft idea: His 'n' Hers game system

JustKim

First Post
I don't like Blue Rose at all.
it's definitely one for the ladies, being inspired by pretty much an entirely female stable of authors, winged cats, talking horses, neo-pagan pre-Raphaelite styling and fairly low crunch rules.
Oh my god.

Making "special" rules for women is a terrible idea. Stop it.

Goldmoon

First Post
Dr Simon said:
it's definitely one for the ladies, being inspired by pretty much an entirely female stable of authors, winged cats, talking horses, neo-pagan pre-Raphaelite styling and fairly low crunch rules.

I dont particularly like winged cats or talking horses.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
I will add to the cries of it being a bad idea to use two different systems for two different genders...this ain't 1860, yos.

On the other hand, Iron Heroes is a man's game, inspired by axe swinging, dagger-throwing, brawn blood and guts inspiration which ought to be illustrated by Boris Vallejo. Furthermore it adds another layer of complexity to the rules and more numbers to play with.

And that complexity is why this man's man doesn't really like the thing. I'm much more comfy with True 20, though I'm not big fan of BR because hippy-fantasy doesn't do it for me (more a Caliphate Nights or Mecha vs. Kaiju guy).

I gotta admit, I like the sound of "Iron Rose," though, and imagine it with poetic, elegant, kung-fu movie, Kill-Bill style beautiful hyper-violence. The poetry and dance of kickin' ass and takin' names.

/me wants that.

JustKim

First Post
I read some stories about winged cats when I was about 8 years old. It's not adults who read those sort of stories. I don't tune into My Little Pony on saturday mornings or put stickers of cartoon hearts all over my books anymore, either.

Goldmoon

First Post
JustKim said:
I read some stories about winged cats when I was about 8 years old. It's not adults who read those sort of stories. I don't tune into My Little Pony on saturday mornings or put stickers of cartoon hearts all over my books anymore, either.

I think youre spoiling the fantasy of a few people. I just let them think whatever thay want until they just stare at me all night with that look all night. ;)

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich

I do, but I do it with that insufferable self-concious irony I do adore. I will totally put little cartoon heart stickers on my laptop while I frag n00bs. :)

Nostalgia is potent. I know a lot of girls who snap up things from their childhood passionately. Of course, it's more likely to be he-man cartoons or ninja turtle cartoons or transformers or thundercats cartoons or Pee Wee's Playhouse than Rainbow Brite. I know guys who do the same thing. Hell, I AM a guy who does that thing.

I think all this shows is that winged cats and talking horses are kind of lame in comparison to giant fighting robots and reptiles trained in the martial arts, regardless of the hormones flowing through you. :)

Goldmoon

First Post
Kamikaze Midget said:
I do, but I do it with that insufferable self-concious irony I do adore. I will totally put little cartoon heart stickers on my laptop while I frag n00bs. :)

Nostalgia is potent. I know a lot of girls who snap up things from their childhood passionately. Of course, it's more likely to be he-man cartoons or ninja turtle cartoons or transformers or thundercats cartoons or Pee Wee's Playhouse than Rainbow Brite. I know guys who do the same thing. Hell, I AM a guy who does that thing.

I think all this shows is that winged cats and talking horses are kind of lame in comparison to giant fighting robots and reptiles trained in the martial arts, regardless of the hormones flowing through you. :)

*sigh* I had a crush on Optimus Prime when I was 10.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
*sigh* I had a crush on Optimus Prime when I was 10.

I had a bit of a thing for Evil-lyn myself.

evillyn.jpg

Rrrowl. Evil is *totally* hot.

But I'm a messed up kid. :)

JustKim

First Post
Kamikaze Midget said:
Nostalgia is potent. I know a lot of girls who snap up things from their childhood passionately.
Oh sure. That doesn't mean I want to play a unicorn-riding fairy princess from Sunshine Village questing for the Rainbow Prisms of Hope while everybody else is playing D&D.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads