• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Daft idea: His 'n' Hers game system

Ycore Rixle

First Post
JustKim said:
I don't like Blue Rose at all.
Oh my god.

Making "special" rules for women is a terrible idea. Stop it.

Yeah. I went to two seminars on women in gaming at Gen Con last week, one run by a local (to Indy) group of female gamers, Team Iuz I believed they called themselves, and another run by two women gaming professionals, one from WOTC and one primarily in the computer gaming industry. I'm also a teacher at an all-girls school, and we have a very active gaming community, both tabletop RPG and computer.

From what I've seen and heard, girl gamers like violence and gore just as much as guy gamers.

And among females who don't game, diminished violence and gore is not going to be a factor that brings them into gaming in any significant numbers.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
I see some of you have taken a liking to my "Blue Heroes" idea here :p

frankthedm said:
I am far more concerned that your avatar is about to Hentacle Krusk / Imsh...

88128.jpg

Punishment must be dispensed!

And it sure is effective against those barbarian tough guys:

*Barbarian Tough Guy strapped to a table in a dark room with many a fell implement hanging from the walls or lying on shelves. Master Torturer standing over him, gloating*
Master Torturer: "You will talk to me, wild man. You will sing like a bird and tell me your life's story, with all the spoilers."
Barbarian Tough Guy: "Ha! Do your worst. I relish pain. I eat nails for breakfast. I get kicks from breaking my fingers. If I should close my eyes, it's not because I passed out, but because I relaxed to the point of falling asleep. There's nothing you can do to scare me, coward!"
MT: ".......Flip him over.! :] "

Incidently, has anyone read Night Watch (A Discworld Novel by Terry Pratchett)? *Plop* AAAAAAAAARGH! :lol:

Kamikaze Midget said:
I do, but I do it with that insufferable self-concious irony I do adore. I will totally put little cartoon heart stickers on my laptop while I frag n00bs. :)

I'm cool with heart stickers. I won't judge you if you confess a certain fondness for horses - be they plain, colourful, winged, or horned - or soap operas. But to use "words" like "n00b".... :p

Nostalgia is potent.

That's so true. It's apparent in my gaming habits. I might fire up your choice of ultra-violent First Person Shooter (with encouraging comments if you kill/maim/run over many virtual human(oid) bings) in one moment and take up my control pad to play Secret of Mana an hour later.

I like Dream Theater because a lot of their stuff sounds like the music from all my SNES favourites (the mellow songs only, obviously, though I would have loved SNES games with a score like Monkeys on Acid!)

Goldmoon said:
*sigh* I had a crush on Optimus Prime when I was 10.

You had a crush on a robot? A robot-looking robot (stuff like Seven of Nine doesn't count ;))?

I guess his original voice must be a lot sexier. The German one was, if I remember correctly, the same as Bowser from Super Mario Brothers.

shilsen

Adventurer
Ycore Rixle said:
From what I've seen and heard, girl gamers like violence and gore just as much as guy gamers.

In my experience, that's totally untrue. I've done a lot of DMing for groups that were primarily (or all) female or primarily (or all) male.

One bunch invariably just wanted to kick ass and kill stuff, would easily get bored with roleplaying, and perpetually had sex on the brain, with crude innuendoes and heavy swearing going on all the time. The men, on the other hand, have generally been much more polite and less inclined to violence :D

Ycore Rixle

First Post
shilsen said:
In my experience, that's totally untrue. I've done a lot of DMing for groups that were primarily (or all) female or primarily (or all) male.

One bunch invariably just wanted to kick ass and kill stuff, would easily get bored with roleplaying, and perpetually had sex on the brain, with crude innuendoes and heavy swearing going on all the time. The men, on the other hand, have generally been much more polite and less inclined to violence :D

lol So true!

Seonaid

Explorer
shilsen said:
:uhoh:Have you DMed for me before?:uhoh:

Kae'Yoss

First Post
shilsen said:

You're calling me a woman?? :p

whydirt

First Post
What if I want to play a sensitive and caring winged-cat who also likes to chop up monsters with a big ol' axe and take their stuff?

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Goldmoon said:
Sure, as long as there is no ribbons or glitter involved and the cat has a cool name.

I seem to remember "Battlecat" from somewhere.

whydirt said:
What if I want to play a sensitive and caring winged-cat who also likes to chop up monsters with a big ol' axe and take their stuff?

I never considered a Tressym Frenzied Berserker.

I did considere a Fly Ninja. They can't see you when you're inside their ear. You can sudden strike coup de grâce everyone.

Remove ads