D&D General DALL·E 3 does amazing D&D art

Yaarel

He Mage
I wish I had figured out a syntax like:
<adjective> <noun> <verb>, <second a/n/v>, "Style "<style>
Sometimes I group words together into a single word, that the AI must then parse before continuing on. Example, if referring to a celebrity the word grouping can help, such as "chrispine". The grouping trick helps distinguish this Bard character from many other "chris" or "pine".

So I used "Slender humanoid warforged artificer with a flaming double-blade great axe and a Cannith marking wearing a red cape. D&D fantasy art pencil sketch style" to get this image. Which I like a lot.

_ace7aacc-c4ef-4a8c-87d5-2548c27cf4c6.jpg

And then I thought, was the image has a url bing should be able to use, what if I asked it to just alter the image so I used this: "change this image to the weapon being a double-bladed axe https://www.bing.com/images/create/...bae6dafd2b963d12b?id=oEAqqujzw9bZ5C/08YkkCw=="
I got a 3 Alien (the movie) looking renders lol like this one;
_593226d9-5980-4b6e-93a8-6c2690f5b032.jpg

Yaarel

He Mage
Probably my biggest frustration with AI image results is its tendency to do a closeup of the head-and-shoulders only or above the waist, when I almost always want the entire body view. Descriptions like "full-body" are only sometimes successful.

Currently, I want to reconstruct what a Norse "drekkar" looks like, without prejudicing other concepts of "dragon". It actually did a great job at what the head should look like, but currently only portrays only a closeup of the head while leaving the rest of the "long serpentine body", "two tails", etcetera off camera.

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
Probably my biggest frustration with AI image results is its tendency to do a closeup of the head-and-shoulders only or above the waist, when I almost always want the entire body view. Descriptions like "full-body" are only sometimes successful.
You might try specifically mentioning the footwear or foot positioning in the prompt. That sometimes provokes it into drawing a full-body by forcing it to put the feet in the image.

The pencil sketch increased my motivation to try out something myself again, so I burnt through my free Bing credits to get some pictures of a pair of (male) dwarven and (female) elven wizard. I was unable to get a normal-sized dwarf and a tall elf, but at least they came out roughly equal in size after I adjusted the prompt (similarly, I had to adapt to not get a very young woman for the elf).
There were a number of solid ones, but I'll limit myself to four. I think bottom left/third one is my overall favourite.

Zwerg und Elfe 1.jpg
Zwerg und Elfe 4.jpg

Zwerg und Elfe 7.jpg
Zwerg und Elfe 11.jpg

Last edited:

The pencil sketch increased my motivation to try out something myself again, so I burnt through my free Bing credits to get some pictures of a pair of (male) dwarven and (female) elven wizard. I was unable to get a normal-sized dwarf and a tall elf, but at least they came out roughly equal in size after I adjusted the prompt (similarly, I had to adapt to not get a very young woman for the elf).
There were a number of solid ones, but I'll limit myself to four. I think bottom left/third one is my overall favourite.

View attachment 349062View attachment 349063
View attachment 349064View attachment 349065
I really like those last two. Very endearing.

Remove ads