• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dara: Traitor, enemy, ally?

The_Universe

First Post
Laurel said:
((The second convo with Dara can not happen until the first one takes place and judgeing by Justice's IC reaction to certain news and all of us wanting some questions answered it make sense timeline wise and everythign to just go ahead and have it that same day just one is morning/afternoon and then this one (the one IC in this thread) is the night. Which works with what was said IC on the other thread.))
(Cool. Get it going, then).

Late one night Justice, L'Aurel and..((Whoever wants to be there))........ sit in the small library of the ancient palace of Hywrl. A small ecletic collection of chairs have been pulled around the blazing fire. L'Aurel sits reading a book that she has been studying lately. With barely a noise the same tall pale woman from that morning enters the room. The light of the fire enhances the swollen belly of the woman, Dara Goldenblade.

Dara says nothing, a blank stare reflecting the firelight in her dead blue eyes. If you could not see the almost-imperceptible rise and fall of her chest, you could nearly imagine that the young woman before you was not alive at all...a carving, a mere image of womanhood.

Laurel

First Post
The_Universe said:
Dara says nothing, a blank stare reflecting the firelight in her dead blue eyes. If you could not see the almost-imperceptible rise and fall of her chest, you could nearly imagine that the young woman before you was not alive at all...a carving, a mere image of womanhood.
"Dara, good evening. I know these are humble surroundings, but will you sit with us."

The_Universe

First Post
Laurel said:
"Dara, good evening. I know these are humble surroundings, but will you sit with us."
Silently, she nods, moving closer to the fire, sitting gingerly near the chair's edge, as if she must be ready to run at a moment's notice.

Justice's eyes narrow. There is something off-putting about this woman that she has yet to truly understand, but her conduct earlier was just not right - or at least, that is what she had been telling herself for the entire afternoon. Justice is not a woman of hunches, but this one was too strong to ignore.

"Hello Lady Goldenblade." Clearning her throat she continues, "There are several questions that I believe all of us would like answered... Firstly, why would you believe that the Apecto has a line that exists to this day? Aren't you aware that such thoughts - let alone statements - are near blasphemy?"

The_Universe

First Post
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
Justice's eyes narrow. There is something off-putting about this woman that she has yet to truly understand, but her conduct earlier was just not right - or at least, that is what she had been telling herself for the entire afternoon. Justice is not a woman of hunches, but this one was too strong to ignore.

"Hello Lady Goldenblade." Clearning her throat she continues, "There are several questions that I believe all of us would like answered... Firstly, why would you believe that the Apecto has a line that exists to this day? Aren't you aware that such thoughts - let alone statements - are near blasphemy?"
She looks confused, but states, "It is as I told you, before. The Apecto's line is well known in the North - an oft-cursed antagonist to those loyal to the Bluestar. Much as the Bluestar is used to frighten children here, so too would certain elements of the Deathlord's court shiver in the darkness at the thought of the Apecto's line continuing. Besides, they are not blasphemy to me - I don't share your belief in the superstitious ramblings of the 'prophets' of the 'Light'."

She pauses for a moment, a look of disgust crossing her face. "Not any more."

Laurel

First Post
The_Universe said:
She looks confused, but states, "It is as I told you, before. The Apecto's line is well known in the North - an oft-cursed antagonist to those loyal to the Bluestar. Much as the Bluestar is used to frighten children here, so too would certain elements of the Deathlord's court shiver in the darkness at the thought of the Apecto's line continuing. Besides, they are not blasphemy to me - I don't share your belief in the superstitious ramblings of the 'prophets' of the 'Light'."
She pauses for a moment, a look of disgust crossing her face. "Not any more."
L'Aurel folders her book in her lap not hiding the smile that crosses her face, "And you have had much experience with these prophets?"

The_Universe

First Post
Laurel said:
L'Aurel folders her book in her lap not hiding the smile that crosses her face, "And you have had much experience with these prophets?"
"I've read their writings, just as you have. The Apecto. The Amastacia - I wasn't born in the North."

Laurel

First Post
The_Universe said:
"I've read their writings, just as you have. The Apecto. The Amastacia - I wasn't born in the North."
Dara was close to Jansten and from what little L'Aurel had seen in the woman's eyes earlier she wanted to know everything about her, "Then what made you turn from them, thier teachings, thier words?"

The_Universe

First Post
Laurel said:
Dara was close to Jansten and from what little L'Aurel had seen in the woman's eyes earlier she wanted to know everything about her, "Then what made you turn from them, thier teachings, thier words?"
"The Light, if it even exists, cares little for the affairs of mortals. Look around you? Is this the work of a caring God? We will save ourselves, or we will die trying."

Laurel

First Post
The_Universe said:
"The Light, if it even exists, cares little for the affairs of mortals. Look around you? Is this the work of a caring God? We will save ourselves, or we will die trying."
L'Aurel watches Dara closly as she tries to answer, "The world is what we mortals make it. Yes, we must choose and we are ultimately either the reason for victory or defeat. But that does not mean the light is absent. The light has given us gifts, if you but look. The light gives us the tools for success and survival, but we must be willing to see it, take it, and hold it. If the light cared nought at all I would not sit here now. But it was more then seeing the beginning of this war that killed your faith in the light. What made you turn from all you were taught?"

Remove ads