• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dara: Traitor, enemy, ally?

The_Universe

First Post
Laurel said:
L'Aurel watches Dara closly as she tries to answer, "The world is what we mortals make it. Yes, we must choose and we are ultimately either the reason for victory or defeat. But that does not mean the light is absent. The light has given us gifts, if you but look. The light gives us the tools for success and survival, but we must be willing to see it, take it, and hold it. If the light cared nought at all I would not sit here now. But it was more then seeing the beginning of this war that killed your faith in the light. What made you turn from all you were taught?"
"My reasons are my own, and I see no reason to share them with you. You see a fantasy overlaid over the real world, subsituting the hand of the Light for what are no more than random events. I simply grew past my naivety. Would that all of you could do the same."

Laurel

First Post
The_Universe said:
"My reasons are my own, and I see no reason to share them with you. You see a fantasy overlaid over the real world, subsituting the hand of the Light for what are no more than random events. I simply grew past my naivety. Would that all of you could do the same."
Loosing her smile L'Aurel leans slightly forward toward Dara, "Death can change many things a person sees and feels. I guess death made me more naive, but that nievety gave me more then you could ever understand. I would love to see how Oberon would handle you and your wisdom."

The_Universe

First Post
Laurel said:
Loosing her smile L'Aurel leans slightly forward toward Dara, "Death can change many things a person sees and feels. I guess death made me more naive, but that nievety gave me more then you could ever understand. I would love to see how Oberon would handle you and your wisdom."
"A dead god who ascribed to the same supersitions you do. I hold no fear of him, or of any other. I fear this war, for there are no messengers - no guardians left."

Laurel

First Post
The_Universe said:
"A dead god who ascribed to the same supersitions you do. I hold no fear of him, or of any other. I fear this war, for there are no messengers - no guardians left."
L'Aurel's ready smile returns at Dara's words, even now fidning it hard to speak of that time when she was dead, "Oberon is a dead god, but only to be reborn as a messenger of the light. Believe what you will, but I know who I have seen, and who I have spoken to." Looking to her cousin, and trying to take her lead from before, "but you have brought something up of those silly prophets and non-exsistant messengers as you think them. Why would you believe Justice specifically to be of the Apecto's line? I understand how stories are created, but to name Justice the Apecto's heir is a little far reaching is it not?"

The_Universe

First Post
"It is well known who her grandfather is. His heresy was not unknown when I was a child, and was of particular interest to the Bluestar while I was in his service. If her grandfather believes himself to be of the Apecto's line, so too must she be."

Laurel

First Post
The_Universe said:
"It is well known who her grandfather is. His heresy was not unknown when I was a child, and was of particular interest to the Bluestar while I was in his service. If her grandfather believes himself to be of the Apecto's line, so too must she be."
((roll sense motive for the fun of it?))
"There were many things said and many which have faded into myth, who is being nieve now to hold onto a story passed to you by others."

The_Universe

First Post
Laurel said:
((roll sense motive for the fun of it?))
"There were many things said and many which have faded into myth, who is being nieve now to hold onto a story passed to you by others."
"I did not say I believed it. I simply used it to refer to her..." she appears interested, now, "Have you not called a man a "son of a whore" without believing it to be the literal truth?"

(Roll it.)

Laurel

First Post
The_Universe said:
"I did not say I believed it. I simply used it to refer to her..." she appears interested, now, "Have you not called a man a "son of a whore" without believing it to be the literal truth?"

(Roll it.)
"No, I would never call someone such a thing. People gain enough labels through thier lives when working with the truth why create false ones as well."

((um.... Justice should add her two sense with a roll as well... L'Aurel's is only a 17 -unless she's undead or a draconid :D ))

"Dara, I must ask you again: where - specifically - did you learn of this so-called line of the Apecto. This is of the utmost importance to me." She stares at the strange woman intently. "I must also know when you left Aregonn's service."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads