Dark Fairytale IC

Kaleth waits calmly giving Leonan time to escape the animated object before he throws another dagger. Kaleth keeps his distance from the rug.

[sblock=Action]Throwing another dagger at the rug.
[roll0]
[roll1][/sblock]

Azurewraith

Explorer
OOC: WTF you all missed....

This fiendish rug avoids all the attacks flying it's way as Leo erupts from the rug, it is unknown what magic the hag imbued into this rug but it must be her greatest weapon.

This time the rug gives Kalveen a cuddle, a big suffocating, musty cuddle as Kalveen finds out as everything turns dark.

GM: This rug has 2hp... come on you can do it Kalveen takes 10damage and is blind etc I'm sure you know the drill.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Leonan reaches out and kinda pets the rug after it nearly suffocated him. The sparks fly, but don't catch onto the musty material.

[sblock=Actions]
[roll0]
[roll1]
[/sblock]

Azurewraith

Explorer
As Leonan strokes the rug it stiffens and collapses on the floor, like a harmless rug. Now it is apparent that the rug was hiding a spiral stair case descending into the abyss.

River Song

Explorer
Kalveen nods a quick thanks to Leonan and starts to head down the stairs.

[sblock=action]

As he descends he will be looking for traps, so moving at half-speed I guess?

[roll0]

[/sblock]

OOC: wow, dice roller is not being my friend with Kalveen.

Azurewraith

Explorer
The stairs descend in the strangest sense you are going upwards even though you are heading down. The stairs exit into a small vestibule of some sort. Compared to the lower? Upper? floor it is like a different building there is no clutter and the walls are made of solid bark, there is a small alter with an assortment of flowers laid upon it. At the far end of the room is a door a dark mist seeps from beneath it.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"This might be a mask, to get children to participate in the ritual. It seems it is already underway, we're out of time!" says Leonan, still walking somewhat stiffly from the 'crunch' he received from the rug.
"Let's finish this!"

Leonan quickly checks the altar and the flowers. He moves the items around to mess with any ritual positioning and intentionally removes any personal items or effects even going so far to destroy something that looks ritualistic. The altar is empty after his attention, flowers removed and their positions scrambled, items put aside or broken. He does this as fast as he can, before someone (braver and less wounded than he) opens the door.

Last edited:

Remove ads