• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dark Sun! I have them!

Crothian

First Post
I'd seen the exact crunch for defiling in scattered previews all over teh webz, and I assume it's unchanged? Basically increase damage but deal damage to yr allies?

you can reroll attack or damage roll, but have to take new result. all allys within 20 squares take necrotic damage that ignores immunities and cannot be reduced in anyway

While it is sick, mechanically, in terms of how that compares to its actual fluff ("And plant life DIE while small animals cry baby tears as you cast lightning bolt!") the crunch is kind of lame, honestly, and I say that as someone who never played 2E.

Magic still kills plant life whenever a spell is cast. The energy has to come from somewhere and plant life is easy to drain I guess. :D

Crothian

First Post
Pyreen is a epic destiney and that's cool to see them there.

Nothing on specific rituals for defilers or anything special about how defiling interacts with rituals. There is a ritual for turning defiled terrain into normal terrain.

Crothian

First Post
I'm also curious about the other optional weapon breakage rules I've seen hinted at. Anything?

Optional rule weapon breakage

non metal weapons, Fumbling Breakage: roll natural 1 weapon breaks

Reckless breakage: natural one gives option of reroll. non metal weapon breaks but you could hit on reroll, metal weapons break on 1-5.

Stumblewyk

Adventurer
Optional rule weapon breakage

non metal weapons, Fumbling Breakage: roll natural 1 weapon breaks

Reckless breakage: natural one gives option of reroll. non metal weapon breaks but you could hit on reroll, metal weapons break on 1-5.

So, it's the rule as presented in the Encounters, and something that looks like the 2e version of the rule...

Thank you, sir!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads