• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dark Sun! I have them!

Scribble

First Post
On an awesomeness scale of say: The Notebook to Inception (Notebook being the least awesome, Inception being the most) where would you place this product?

Crothian

First Post
Aside from your...interesting choice of movies to place at the extremes I'll rate these as Mad Max! It does shift some towards Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid and maybe a bit like DOA and Kansas City Confidential. So, easily in the scope of Memento and City of Lost Children. :D

Scribble

First Post
Aside from your...interesting choice of movies to place at the extremes I'll rate these as Mad Max! It does shift some towards Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid and maybe a bit like DOA and Kansas City Confidential. So, easily in the scope of Memento and City of Lost Children. :D

This seems like a product I will indeed be happy with. :)

I also think you seem to have good taste in movies...

LuckyAdrastus

First Post
What is the arena fighter build like? Does it lean heavily towards controller as secondary? With all this mishegas we've been hearing about how Essentials is going to kill the previous builds, is arena fighter a "normal" fighter or an Essentials-style basic attacker?

And, thanks! :)

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
What is the arena fighter build like? Does it lean heavily towards controller as secondary? With all this mishegas we've been hearing about how Essentials is going to kill the previous builds, is arena fighter a "normal" fighter or an Essentials-style basic attacker?

And, thanks! :)

It doesn't seem like the essentials but I'm not expert on them. There are dailies and everything thing seems like the PHB. Controller is its secondary role and it does have options to help do that.

LuckyAdrastus

First Post
It doesn't seem like the essentials but I'm not expert on them. There are dailies and everything thing seems like the PHB. Controller is its secondary role and it does have options to help do that.

Thanks!

Could you explain a little more? Specifically, class features do they have/not have compared to fighter weapon talent fighters? What weapons/armor do they usually use (i.e. one-handed weapons, two-handed, two-weapons, shields, or some mix)? What makes them controller-y?

I mean generally, of course, you don't have to write everything in the book down. :)

EDIT: Nevermind, I see you answered this question at the RPG.net forum. Thanks!

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads