• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dark Sun! I have them!

A Passing Maniac

First Post
I have a couple of small questions about the epic destinies, then, if you're willing and able to answer. The first is just - what are the prerequisites for the five EDs? And the second - in 2e, the pyreen were a race, not a class or transformation. How does the ED actually present them?

Insight

Adventurer
I have a couple of small questions about the epic destinies, then, if you're willing and able to answer. The first is just - what are the prerequisites for the five EDs?

21st level for all, obviously:
Avangion: Any arcane class
Dragon King: arcane defiling power
Hordemaster: nothing
Mind Lord of the Order: Any psionic class that uses power points
Pyreen: Any primal class or primal theme

And the second - in 2e, the pyreen were a race, not a class or transformation. How does the ED actually present them?

You have a kinship to the Pyreen and eventually become one. It's sorta like maybe you were a Pyreen the entire time and just realized it when you hit 21st level. Your "immortality" comes as the Sorcerer-Kings fall.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The books just arrived and I'm really digging these covers. Of course I'm already busy with getting things ready for Gen Con but now I get to read 4e Dark Sun!
My FLGS were selling them starting today. I got both the Campaign Setting book and the Creature Catalog. :D

So far, I've only skimmed them but I have to say I love the CC already. The NPCs in the back are great; although, I wish there were more of them.

I wish the main book had less crunch and more fluff, but I wasn't surprised by the book's content ratio. The best part is the poster map! The map of the Tyr Region would have been more than enough but WotC went the extra mile by making the map double-sided with the City of Tyr on the other side! That was a sweet addition!

I wish they'd made the maps in the book bigger, however.

Still, so far I like the books. It isn't as great as the 2e Dark Sun boxed set but the two books together are a close second.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The maps...

Attachments

• 000_0735.JPG
    000_0735.JPG
    679 KB · Views: 383
  • 000_0736.JPG
    000_0736.JPG
    681.5 KB · Views: 299

Remove ads