• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Darkmatter D20 - Yellow Twilight Darkening

firstborne

First Post
At that, a third figure makes his grand entrance into the lobby. Nether darkly handsome or somberly dignified, he barely escapes the revolving door with his life. Of average height and slightly inefficient build, he straightens his glasses and proceeds to the receptionist's desk. Putting on his best smile, he says, "I'm Carl Smith. Pleased to meet you. I'm with the ME, and I've been asked to come down here and have a look into the McNaghten/Hosterman disappearances. I've got a badge somewhere..."

OOC: Am I familiar with any of the hospital staff? I'm sure lot's of people come to hospitals and then die afterward. Even criminals.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
The blonde receptionist looks up. "Good afternoon, Mr. Smith. I've been told to expect you. Another of the team put together to help us, aren't you? The others who've showed up are down that way," she says, pointing down the hallway Spectran and Angelica disappeared down. "Tell the others Dr. Garfield wants to meet with them, will you? I didn't get a chance to tell them while they were here."

OOC: firstborne, check the OOC thread for an answer to your question.

dave_o

Explorer
Vincenzo looks over the Detective's shoulder, giving a half-smile half-nod to the newcomer. He brings his gaze over to the receptionist again, arching a brow.

"Wait - you know I'm supposed to be here? So I don't have to be questioned by this cop?"

He turns none-too-friendly to Ian, smiling the most devilish smile you've ever seen.

"Let's go see this Dr. Garfield."

He changes his stride, walking back toward the receptionist, tucking the manilla folder deeper into his suit.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Ian grabs Vincenzo's shoulder and says. "You obviously have ADD. We are going over here." He stears Vincenzo back to the nurses lounge. "Officer Smith. Can you give me a hand with this *ahem* Gentleman?"

dave_o

Explorer
"Woah, pal."

Vincenzo lets his eyes float down to the man's hand on his shoulder, and he gently picks it up, letting it fall back at the Detective's side. He casts his gaze for a moment over the Detective's shoulder, eyeing the Officer, and raising a brow.

"You obviously ain't heard of the Angelicas, have you? Look. We're gonna talk to this Doc first, and then you can question me all you want. But right now, you're gettin' close to assault. And you, more than me, know that cops who assault citizens get in lots of trouble."

He then strides past the Detective, standing once again at the receptionist's desk, smiling at her after giving the Officer an eye full of daggers.

"Sorry about all this. Could you show us to the good Doctor, angel?"

Knowledge (Current Events) check to perhaps learn a little more about Detective Spectran (if he's been in the news); 15 + 6 = 21.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
"Mr. Angelica you are under arrest for hindering the process of an investigation. You have the right to remain silent. ..." Ian comes up behind Vincenzo and attempts to cuff him. He reads him his miranda rights. "Oh and by the way. I'm not interested in the Angelica family except for how you are involved in to possible kidknappings."

firstborne

First Post
A little flustered at the prospect of actually arresting someone, Carl smiles wanly. "Detective, why don't we go talk to Dr. Garfield? Mr. Angelica can come with us; apparently, he's supposed to be here." He gives Vincenzo a, "sorry man, just doin' my job," smile. "Besides, if he gives you any more trouble, you can add impediment of justice to the charges. Right?"

dave_o

Explorer
Vincenzo gives the Officer an easy smile, shrugging his shoulders a bit.

"It won't be the first time, pal."

He looks over his shoulder at the Detective, and sighs a bit.

"Now can we go see Dr. Garfield?"

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
When you reach the door to Dr. Garfield's office, a rap on the frosted glass pane brings a cry of 'Come in.' At a cluttered desk lit by a single lamp sits a middle-aged man with a badly receding hairline and black hair, now grizzled with gray.

'Ahh, the investigators into the McNaghten case, I suppose?' He gestures to two chairs in front of his desk. 'Sorry, I don't have enough for everyone. Would anyone care for some coffee?' he asks, getting up to get himself a cup.

Remove ads