• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Darkmatter D20 - Yellow Twilight Darkening

Argent Silvermage

First Post
OOC: Where did everyone go?

IC: Ian enters the room keeping a hand on Vincenzo's shoulder. "We're here because this gentleman believes you can provide more information on the case..That or he can provide you with more information."

dave_o

Explorer
Vincenzo sighs, peering over his shoulder at Ian, his hands cuffed behind his back. He returns his gaze to Dr. Garfield, and gives a slight smile.

"Look, pal, the receptionist said you wanted us. I was here, picking up a few things, about to do a little investigation of my own. Unfortunately, I ran into this guy, here. But he's right - I do have some info you might be interested in."

OOC: Iunno. Where IS everyone?!

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Dr. Garfield looks at Vincenzo skeptically. "You're right, I did want to meet with you. But what information do you claim to have?"

OOC: I dunno, I've been here. I was wondering the same thing. ;)

firstborne

First Post
Carl smiles. "I'd love some coffee." He offers his hand to Dr. Garfield. "I'm Carl Smith, with the city ME. This is Detective Spectran, and our shackled friend here is Mr. Angelica. What can you tell us about the McNaghtan"

firstborne

First Post
Carl smiles. "I'd love some coffee." He offers his hand to Dr. Garfield. "I'm Carl Smith, with the city ME. This is Detective Spectran, and our shackled friend here is Mr. Angelica. What can you tell us about the McNaghtan"

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Dr. Garfield shakes Carl's and Ian's hands, and nods at the shackled Vincenzo. "Well, the McNaghten case. I'm sure you've read the article. Alyson had a degenerative kidney condition - undiagnosed, though it was similar to what used to be called Bright's Disease. She knew she'd need a transplant eventually, and in July, her primary care physician, Dr. Patrick Trumbull, contacted me and a transplant was scheduled for July 30. We were actually about to send her home when she disappeared. The nurse on duty at the time, Karen Jakes, reported her missing, although it was Alyson's parents who brought it to the attention of the media. The police've been investigating Ms. Jakes, though apparently to no avail. We're at a total loss."

firstborne

First Post
Carl furrows his brows, thinking for a minute. "Can you disclose anything pertaining to the disappearance of Robert Hosterman? Two patients, both waiting for organ transplants, both of whom had contact with the same woman before vanishing? It seems a bit coincidental, to my mind." Carl scratches his head, as if trying to remember something. "Oh, and I'd also like to have a word with anyone in the ICU at the time: patients, visitors staff. That sort of thing. And is Dr. White in? I'd like to speak to him, as well." Carl then blushes, and grins sheepishly. "Sorry, detective. Didn't mean to step on your toes there."

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
"Slight correction, Mr. Smith: had transplants. Both McNaghten and Hosterman were recovering from their operations when they vanished," Dr. Garfield says. "Hosterman was a retired police officer who required a liver transplant after a lifetime of heavy drinking. I should note that in this case, although Ms. Jakes was working in the ICU at the time, she wasn't the one who noted Hosterman's disappearance. That would be Belinda Carmichael, another nurse on duty in the ICU, and then his disappearance wasn't noted until the next morning." He pauses and presses a button on his phone. "Cathy, can you tell Dr. White that I'm sending some people down to see him in a few minutes? And can you put together a list of visitors and staff present for the McNaghten and Hosterman disappearances? Thanks." He turns back to the group. "Dr. White is in. I've asked his secretary to put together a list of relevant personnel. Is there anything else?"

OODM: Make some Sense Motive checks.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Dr. Garfield furrows his brow as he looks at Det. Spectran. "We're usually not allowed to disclose that sort of information...but as this pertains to the police investigation, we can make an exception. I honestly couldn't tell you right now, I'm just a surgeon...but give us a little while, and I'll get the records for you. I'll get in touch with you when we have them."

OODM: firstborne, you detect that Dr. garfield is definitely hiding something. And Argent, no roll is even necessary to tell you that he looked rather shaken when you asked about the donor.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads