• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Darkmatter D20 - Yellow Twilight Darkening

firstborne

First Post
"Doctor, you've been very helpful." Carl smiles. "However, one thing is nagging me, and I'm afraid we're not gonna be able to let it go. Being police and all, you see." He frowns, then continues. "Since, as you stated a moment ago, Ms. Jakes isn't our link, it's got to be something else." After savoring his coffee for a few moments, Carl looks up at Dr. Garfield and smiles.

"What's so special about the transplant organs?"

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Just as Mr. Smith asks his question, there's a knock at the door and as Dr. Garfield says 'enter', in walks a nurse or receptionist carrying a stack of files. "We've pulled the records you requested, doctor."

"Thank you."

He takes the folders and flips through one as he hands it over to Smith. "These are the records you requested of who was in the ICU at the time. This second folder," he holds one up, "is the records of the donors used by the hospital. McNaghten's and Hosterman's transplants came from a John Doe, a victim of a car crash."

firstborne

First Post
"They both came from the same person? Interesting. May I have a look at them?" Carl looks them over, searching for anything out of the ordinary.

(Earth & Life Sciences: 18 + 11 = 29)

Argent Silvermage

First Post
"Doctor what are you neglecting to tell me. I can tell you know more than your saying." Ian says standing up and leaning over the doctors desk stareing straight into his eyes.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Dr. Garfield appears to murmur something to himself under his breath. He closes his eyes momentarily and inhales deeply, murmuring something else, and pulls open a desk drawer. He withdraws a pistol and holds it under his jawline.

OODM: firstborne, there's nothing terribly unusual about the John Doe. However, there seems to be a lack of a definite age, which isn't actually that strange considering his identity wasn't known. The report says he was "about 35-40".

firstborne

First Post
"Woah! Whoahwhoahwhoah!" Carl jumps up, spilling coffee all over himself. "Owowow! Hold on, Doctor; there's no need to do this." Carl breathes deep, seeking relief from the twin terrors of spilled coffee and tension. "Please, just put down the gun."

(Diplomacy: 15 + 7 = 22)

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
With eyes shut tight and tears of tension streaming down his cheeks, the doctor relaxes the pressure pushing the gun up to the bottom of his jaw in response to Carl's intervention. He opens his eyes and looks at Carl.

"You have no idea what they'd do to me if I betrayed them," he mutters, and pulls the trigger.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Suddenly the door flies open and in rushes Dr. Garfield's secretary.

"What happened here? I heard a loud noise and then...oh my God," she says, looking at the doctor's body. She calls for help. Then to Smith and Spectran, "What happened in here?"

Argent Silvermage

First Post
"Holy Carp! He...He...He just..." Ian stammers and gets up and rushes over to the Doctors body. "Get a crash team in here!" He yells at the nurse.

OOC: Any one heard from Dave_O lately?

Remove ads