• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DARKSUN / RAVENLOFT: Killer in Kalidnay PT II

Jarval

Explorer
"No, no, no! I'm not letting those creatures bite me with their diseased teeth!" Odten shouts in near-panic, and begins to cast a spell. Moments later, a ball of fire leaps forwards from his hand to burst violently over the rats.

(Casting fireball on the rats, trying to catch as many of them in the area as possible while not putting any of the party in its area of effect.)

The rats charge like a wave of filth and disease towards you. Andus is stunned by the actions of these filthy yet tiny creatures. People begin to look to avoid them when a bead of green light shots out hovers over the rats for what seems like an eternity then bursts in magical flames. The air is sucked in from the hungry fires causing drafts to occur. Some rats survive or were out of range but now have slowed down. They seem both paniced and confused. Music is being played that seems to speak to the creatures.

Jade thinks she saw someone or several someones behind the rats illuminated by the fires breifly before the magic exploded. The fire ball dosen't reach you or all the rats but has done some damage to the sewer walls. The fires burn sharp and bright on the old waste here that is very dry. The air is becoming smokey and thick to breath.

Actions?

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Socrates uses the pipes' magic to turn the rats away from them and back at their masters. He signals his friends to come across the plates and end that situation.

dead_radish

Explorer
Tallask bends low to get underneath the smoke and haze, and takes in a huge breath of air, then peers around, seeking an area that is not going to filled with smoke, and hopefully large enough for the entire group.

DM Warning-

Andus- in these VERY tight quarters for you- the smoke is especially dangerous. Keep that mind.

Also, the dung here is very old and dry. The fire will erupt and burn quickly VERY QUICKLY.

Actions please

Jarval

Explorer
"Ah, perhaps that was not the best idea, no?" Odten says sadly, observing the spreading flames around him. He sprints forward, keen to get away from the smoke and flame.

G

Guest 11456

Andus : Half-Giant Gladiator 3

Andus begins backing up very quickly trying to avoid the smoke.

Jarval

Explorer
"I did not know this would happen!" Odten snaps back at Adament. "The rats looked dangerous, so I dealt with them. It is not my fault the walls are so flammable. How was I to know?"

He runs on through the smoke, grumbling something less that polite about the intelligence of Muls.

(OoC: Odten's not tremendously pleased with himself at the moment, so he's taking it out on Adament... :))

dead_radish

Explorer
Tallask (Assuming he doesn't find an alcove ahead of them) also follows the group, keeping his head low as he runs ahead, his eyes alert for anything that was behind them.

Remove ads