• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E David Noonan on 4E "Cloudwatching" (Added Dave's newest comment from his blog)

Thurbane said:
Over in this poll I created, the percentages (at Enworld) so far are:

While I find the poll numbers (on this and other 4E polls) interesting, we're all fully aware that the correlation between "a poll on a gaming messageboard, even one as big as ENWorld" and "the percentages as they will actually shake out in the market in eight months" is effectively zero, right?

Thurbane said:

Are you surprised? Unless 4E turns out to completely flop--and regardless of whether one is pro- or anti- based on word so far, we should all know that it's not likely--failing to keep up is financial suicide for a D20 company.

That said, Thurbane, you may want to go over to the Necro boards and actually see what Clark Peterson has to say. Given that Mr. 1E Feel himself is (cautiously) psyched about what he's heard, it may reassure you a little. :)

Brewhammer

Explorer
WizarDru said:
Brewhammer, welcome to ENWorld. You might want to read the The Rules, which is stickied at the top of the topics page. In particular, you might want to read this part:

I think you can find a better way to get your point across than calling someone a bad DM because they (and many others AND THE DEVELOPERS THEMSELVES) find a particular rule cumbersome and unwieldy and have neither the time nor patience to create and test their own rules variant.

Thanks.

I didn't call him a bad DM. I said allowing a game to drag because of part of the rule set is poor DM'ing. That's not at all the same thing.

But since I am new here, I will acquiesce. Allowing a game to drag over a rule that is easily wingable is top-notch DM'ing. :)

Thanks.

Last edited:

Minicol

Adventurer
Supporter
Glyfair said:
Yup. Those statements say 4E is coming, no matter what. The next statements imply that while 4E is coming, you might be able to have some say in it by commenting on your play experiences with a critical eye.

(deleted after reading what is said later)

Last edited:

Minicol

Adventurer
Supporter
Raven Crowking said:
How could you possibly know that?

As an aside to Dave:

Thanks for clarifying that blog a bit. I'll call it "reader filter" and leave it at that. However, since you asked
RC

Yes, thank you for taking the time to answer and correct the way I was understanding the entry.

Is is rare enough to see one of you guys out of your ivory tower and taking the time to endure the fans' flak, so you deserve some credit for this.

Minicol

Adventurer
Supporter
ShinHakkaider said:
the rabid pro 4E fanbase has taken the attitude "if you dont like it go crawl into some place dark and DIE, you old fogey!!!" .

Yes. I share the same feeling.

Of course, some of the grognards are doing the same thing opposite, but one of the turn-offs of the '4 e is indeed the rabid and abusive behaviour of some pro 4e fans.

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Rabid and abusive behavior is not only from 4e fans. For example, yesterday I've been said to be smocking crack by a 3e supporter only because I dared to suggest that changes wouldn't be too dramatic...

And if you think here we have rabid pro 3/4/any edition fans, you should go to Wizards boards.

Last edited:

Minicol

Adventurer
Supporter
Horacio said:
Rabid and abusive behavior is not only from 4e fans. For example, yesterday I've said to be smocking crack by a 3e supporter only because I dared to suggest that changes wouldn't be too dramatic...

And if you think here we have rabid pro 3/4/any edition fans, you should go to Wizards boards.

Agreed. Both are bad and fracturing the fan base.

I just think this is generating way too much passion.

I never liked the wizards boards anyways, and given what is said around here, I do not even want to come close. I might catch the "ugly green brain" disease. ;)

Remove ads