DC Gameday V: October 24-25, 2009

The_Universe

First Post
I will totally run Dread for you and DG! at some point. At the time of reg here you were still maybes to come play it already. I signed up for all slots this time, but I'll owe you two. Maybe a post-dinner house game? :)
This sounds like it would be full of win.

madwabbit

First Post
A reminder to ALL attendees and GMs: please email your first and last name to dcgameday AT gmail DOT com for the master attendee list we need to give to the guard at the AFT main entrance security desk.

No name, no entry -- sorry, folks, but that's the only requirement AFT has really asked of us (other than cleaning up after ourselves, of course). :erm:

Dungannon

First Post
A reminder to ALL attendees and GMs: please email your first and last name to dcgameday AT gmail DOT com for the master attendee list we need to give to the guard at the AFT main entrance security desk.

No name, no entry -- sorry, folks, but that's the only requirement AFT has really asked of us (other than cleaning up after ourselves, of course). :erm:

Done

madwabbit

First Post
Can anyone suggest a hotel that is close to the AFT building? My knowledge of downtown DC leaves much to the imagination. Thanks.
I don't know of any inexpensive hotels near there, but there is a Hyatt Regency, the Washington Court, and the Affinia Liaison all within a three-block radius. There are several others nearby as well.

With the Metro, though, there are LOTS of other hotels near a Metro line that would be cheaper (and you could simply metro from there to Union Station). Finding one like that, though, is probably a task for Expedia.com or a good travel agent.

Psion

Adventurer
Can anyone suggest a hotel that is close to the AFT building? My knowledge of downtown DC leaves much to the imagination. Thanks.

Wow George, you're gonna stay? You could carpool with me if it would make it easier. I can't imagine getting a hotel an hour drive away from were I live... but maybe I'm strange.

Unless you're looking to take in some sights while you're there, then just ignore me. ;)

gkraus1008

First Post
I'm up for carpooling. It's only an hour drive? Somehow I was thinking it would be more like 1.5 to 2. So, yes, let's carpool. What's the parking like in that area?

Last edited:

Psion

Adventurer
I'm up for carpooling. It's only an hour drive? Somehow I was thinking it would be more like 1.5 to 2. So, yes, let's carpool. What's the parking like in that area?

It used to take me 1 hr 15 to drive to where I used to game in Alexandria. There's a few traffic tangles getting downtown DC, so 1.5 hrs is about right; I'd leave 2 hrs before the meeting.

There are 2 parking garages right near the building; assuming those are open, I consider that the most convenient.

madwabbit

First Post
There are 2 parking garages right near the building; assuming those are open, I consider that the most convenient.
This reminds me: for those of you last year who parked at a garage, please PM me with your best recollection of where it was so that I can call and check with them for their hours on both Sat and Sun.

On-street parking will likely be much easier on Sun morning.

And, ilet me reemphasize, if you can Metro in, you'll find it MUCH MUCH easier as Union Station is only 3 or so blocks away from the AFT building.

qstor

Adventurer
I can't make it :( I'm going to a law conference in Philadelphia that weekend.

I wanted to run Delta Green :(

Maybe I can make the one in the Spring.

The Pathfinder game looks cool. I've been playing the Pathfinder Society mods.

Mike

Remove ads