DC Gameday V: October 24-25, 2009

madwabbit

First Post
Just a noticed the times on the website seem to be out of date. Might want to fix those so as not to cause confusion.
This reminds me: we're going to have a few more people than we've had before, with several of those newbies to DCGD, and we're going to be on some very narrow timeframes on Saturday for lunch (200pm to 300pm), the raffle (details coming, but as soon as possible after 700pm), and dinner (800pm). GMs need to strive to keep within the four-hour session, because if you run over, you'll definitely be affecting more schedules than just yours and your players.

Not saying this to be "That Guy," but just pointing out that we won't have a lot of flexibility on Saturday, and we should all keep that in mind.

Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
This reminds me: we're going to have a few more people than we've had before, with several of those newbies to DCGD, and we're going to be on some very narrow timeframes on Saturday for lunch (200pm to 300pm), the raffle (details coming, but as soon as possible after 700pm), and dinner (800pm). GMs need to strive to keep within the four-hour session, because if you run over, you'll definitely be affecting more schedules than just yours and your players.

Not saying this to be "That Guy," but just pointing out that we won't have a lot of flexibility on Saturday, and we should all keep that in mind.

If you want I will stand behind you with crossed arms and glare at the GMs as you gently remind them that their games are running over. ;)

YourSwordIsMine

First Post
Unless a miracle happens between now and Gameday, there is a very good chance I will not make it... for either day... I will wait till I know for certain before I drop from the games I have signed up for; probably around the 22nd or 23rd. I'll post more when I know more.

YourSwordIsMine

First Post
Unless a miracle happens between now and Gameday, there is a very good chance I will not make it... for either day... I will wait till I know for certain before I drop from the games I have signed up for; probably around the 22nd or 23rd. I'll post more when I know more.

Well, Miracle never happened as well as being sick now so I'll go ahead and officially pull myself out of the gameday. Have fun everyone! see ya next time.

davethegame

Explorer
I know this is now, like, 9 hours away, but any recommendations on Metro vs. Driving (coming from up 270), and if the latter, recommendations on parking?

madwabbit

First Post
I know this is now, like, 9 hours away, but any recommendations on Metro vs. Driving (coming from up 270), and if the latter, recommendations on parking?
We strongly recommend Metro. Failing that, there is parking at the Washington Court Hotel, the Hyatt Regency, and a garage on E Street (although I can't verify if that last is open on weekends). The Georgetown Law School is right near there, and their students park nearby on the street as well, so there is plenty of parking in the area (which may require some hunting down).

scholar

First Post
I had an awesome time, thank you to everyone that put up with my lack of ability to preschedule myself for any games on saturday, and for the record,t he raffle was awesome:D

Remove ads