• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dead Legends

Albedo

First Post
Dizzy moves away from the corner of the lodge and heads to the door. "Well, it seems to me like we've become stuck for the moment. A scroll we can't read, a man we can't further cruelly torture until tommorow. I think its time to go check out the town. You guys all have fun." She turns to Ishasha, "Sorry I can't stop to fill you in on what we know. I'm sure somebody else here would love to share the details." She then heads outside.

Last edited:

Nephtys

First Post
"Oh, you can torture him all you want. It's just not likely to do any good, beyond providing some low amusement. Right now I too have more productive uses for my time." She follows Dizzy outside, closing up the Portable Hole.

Once outside she touches a ring on her finger and two beautiful brilliant white wings suddenly erupt from her back, the next moment she is gone.

She emerges in the cold space a thousand miles directly above the cottage. From there she looks down to view the world beneath her. After noting the major features of the terrain she moves on, teleporting lower and getting a more detailed view. Taking care not to be seen from the ground she stays at a high altitude. Every so often she stays in a cloud to let in some breathable air to her prisoner.

ooc: Greater Teleport. She doesn't need to breathe and DR and resistances should take care of most radiation and cold.

Jemal

Adventurer
"Excuse me? Torture? I think it would be best if you left the man here. I have my own ways of garnering information that are not as limited as the device you used, and now that whatever was protecting him before is gone, I can try it."
Kayla steps between Shahaza and the door "You're free to go like Dizzy if you're feeling restless, but I have my own questions for him."

ghostcat

First Post
Ishasha is starting to get frustrated. Its bad enough having to associate with two of her enemies but no-one can even be bothered to fill her in on what is going on. However she does not let any of this show as she says meekly "Will someone fill me in, please."

Last edited:

Nephtys

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
This conversation only takes place if Shahaza is not already out the door and in the sky, which she should probably be since I already wrote it and you didn't prepare an action to interfere. There's really no way you could preempt my stated action here, unless we were on initiative when I wrote that she left. If you want to enter initiative now it's really too late, though Kayla could perhaps try to follow.
[/sblock]

Shahaza sneers, "What right do you have to claim my prisoner? Or do you perhaps believe you have the right to dictate my actions? Free to go, indeed."
Then she teleports away and takes a look at the world.

ooc: Sorry ghostcat, maybe someone else can fill you in.

Shayuri

First Post
Omega's head swivels to stare at Ishasha, and it says in its steady, hollow voice, "Observations imply that none of us know what sequence of events led to our arrival, alive, in this place and time. Deduction: Some of us are from earlier time periods than others. Deduction: All of us died, and were returned to life at this time and place, by an unknown power, for an unknown purpose."

"There is a settlement nearby that we, with the exception of yourself, appeared within. The inhabitants appeared to have no knowledge of who we are, or why or how we appeared. The settlement enforcers attempted to bring us in for questioning. We took their leader to try to coerce him to supply us with missing information."

"Thus far, he has had little of use."

Jemal

Adventurer
Kayla listens to the the Marilith's snide remarks and watches her failed attempt at teleportation "Oh I'm sorry, did you think you were going somewhere?" She steps forwards to stand in front of the Marilith "I have as much right to interrogate the man as you do, you're not the only one who wants to know what's going on here."
With speed she's not displayed before, Kayla's hand lashes out, liberating the portable hole from Shahaza's belt, where it falls to the floor open, and with another flick of her hand, the unconscious man floats out of the hole and over to the bed.

"I don't wish to fight you, at least not until I know whether or not you're irredemably evil, but I can't allow your selfishness to hinder my search for the truth." Kayla looks back down to the hole on the floor "I'll not hinder you any further, and I've no intention of keeping your property. Take it and leave if you wish." She motions towards the door.

[sblock=ooc]
Shahaza has given Kayla little reason to trust her, and every time I've tried to be diplomatic it's been rebuffed, so I'm taking a more direct approach. If aggression is the only thing people will listen to, that's fine, as it's a language in which I'm very fluent.

Kaylas actions (And I'm only doing a single round worth, btw)
Move action: move towards Shahaza
Free action: Sleight of hand check at -20 to take the hole (normally +36, Using 2 points of Improvisation to make final +18 meaning I need anything but a 1 to succeed: Rolled an 18.)
*Side note: Kayla is not attempting to be unseen/subtle, just get the item.*
Free Action: Drop the hole
Swift action: Quickened Telekinesis, spreading the hole on the floor.
Standard Action: Pull the captain out of the hole and over to .
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ghostcat

First Post
Ishasha thanks Omega for his concise summary at the same time as she notices the conflict between Kayla and the Marilith. Although she is secretly hoping that the demon will attack so that she can send it back to the abyss from whence it came, she is careful not to revel her thoughts either by expression or actions.

Vertexx69

First Post
Hanshu seems thoroughly amused by all the petty bickering, as if these legendary beings were nothing more than street urchins squabbling over a hunk of bread. He is quietly hovering in the cover with a large smile on his pale face, his hands idly resting around the bejeweled pommels of his formidable weapons, which the maralith finds quite repulsive. After a few moments of tense huffing a bright flash of light fills the lodge to the point that nothing else can be seen for a split second, hopefully giving everyone a moment's pause*. "All right ladies, that's quite enough of that. We all have need of the information the captain has and I see no reason we cannot collectively benefit from a fresh approach, do you Shahaza? While I understand the... appeal... of trying to take the ball and go home when you didn't score the winning goal, I would wager that between the assembled lot of us here, the information we all seek can be garnered without anyone having to wait an entire day. I include you in this as well, which I am certain you will realize if you simply take a breath and allow the young lady to ply her chosen vocation on the mind of the captive.

Now once the sun sets, I at least can move about far more freely to acquire a more in depth lay of the land. But until then, I think it would be an intriguing proposition to here a tale of valor or enchantment from each being here present, so we might all get a better idea of what we each could be seeking in this strange new world. What does each of you think of this suggestion?"

OOC: I used a daily charge of one of my everbright weapons, just for roleplaying purposes, so nobody should even feel the need to role any kind of save.

Remove ads