Death in Freeport

Shayuri

First Post
Arcata rushes to Egil's side.

"Brother Egil! Oh, you're all right..."

She looks at Rikki, her eyes glistening.

"Thank you so much, sir...this man is a friend of mine. Maybe the only one I have left..."

Voadam

Legend
Brother Egil's eyes brighten at the woman's approach "Arcata! I'm so glad to see you." He looks around sees the unconscious men and overturned furniture. "Is everybody all right? I can provide magical healing as well if any need it."

Last edited:

Lorthanoth

Explorer
Rikki leers at Arcata, "Like I say, no probs, Rikki's the name, Rikki Bone-sticks they calls me; cos o' me trade, y'see, no uvver reason." (although his gangly, bony frame might belie that claim)

Shayuri

First Post
"I got your letter," Arcata starts to say to Egil, but pauses at Rikki's introduction. Her smile becomes a bit more formal as she nods her head to him.

"Thank you very much, mister...uh...'bone-sticks.' Your help is appreciated. I'm in your debt. I'm..."

She pauses for a moment. Real name? Fake name? Can I trust him? But Egil already said my real name! I can't very well give him a fake one now...I'll look like a lunatic or a spy or something...

"I'm Arcata. Pleased to meet you."

The sorceress looks back at Brother Egil. "I don't think anyone is seriously hurt...most of them fell to magic. Or saps to the head..."

Lorthanoth

Explorer
"Luvly to meet yer, d'ya come 'ere often, do ya?" he says with a grin, "And jus' 'Rikki' is fine, luv. I reckon we'd best skidaddle before this lot wakes up. Know whadda mean?"

Shayuri

First Post
"This 'lot' are nothing more than dogs in men's skin," Arcata says coldly as she looks from fallen sailor to fallen sailor.

"When they awake, it will be to the gentle caress of iron on their wrists. I'm sure the guard will be here any moment."

She offers her hand to Egil to help him up.

doghead

thotd
ic - Death in Freeport

Hinjo watches the fleeing sailors long enough to be sure they are really going. He turns and heads to the door of the inn. There he meets Dogrynn. Hinjo has see Dogrynn with Egil before. Its not a face you would forget in a hurry. Glancing over Dogrynn's shoulder, Hinjo sees Brother Egil sitting chatting to a woman and another man. The woman Hinjo has also seen before, but her name is unknown to him. But Brother Egil seems to be unharmed, and comfortable enough with his companions. Hinjo relaxes.

"I hope that you didn't have to stick anyone with that," Hinjo says to Dogrynn, glancing at the sword. Dead men tend to complicate matters.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Nah, beatin' them with the flat works on these sons of &*(#$. Come on in, I gotta see to my friend." replies Dogrynn to the other man, not recognizing him at the moment. Though as the two converge on Brother Egil he nods to himself a moment. Seeing Brother Egil waking, "You okay, Egil? You took a nasty wallop there."

Voadam

Legend
Brother Egil shakes his head. "I think you are right Mr. Bone-Sticks. We should probably leave and talk elsewhere. Dogrynn might know another tavern where we might talk with some privacy." He looks around. "If everyone is allright then . . . Oh good they're here too." He waves over to Aidan and GrockUprim. When Dogrynn re-enters with Hinjo he says "Yes, thanks to your friend Mr. Bone-Sticks. Do you know someplace else we could go where we could talk in private undisturbed? Another tavern perhaps?"

Erekose13

Explorer
"Ah sure Egil, me an Rikki got a couple places that are quieter than this. Come on I'll take y'all to the Drowned Mermaid, name keeps most out and the ale ain't none better either. Should be nice and quiet fer us. Nice to meet y'all, I'm Dogrynn." the dog-man says.

Remove ads