Death of the dragons (OOC)

Vertexx69

First Post
Why is it that that its SOOOO HARD to find a group of people that actually WANT to play D&D? Everyone is gung ho about building characters, but when it comes time to play with them it seems like the smallest excuse is enough to get them to forget about it? This is what I meant by statistical mathturbation... :(

Halford

First Post
Sadly it seems to be an inherent problem in PBP, its one of the reasons that I have found myself concentrating more and more upon the Living Worlds which I have had far more luck with.

You could try L4W or LEW Vertexx, the fact that DMs are backed up by a judge whose duty is to continue or wrap up the adventure and that you can transfer your character to other games helps a great deal. Of course you may well already have tried that.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Stopper

I think it's the problem with all games. After initial rush when people see "power game" and everybody goes out of their way to create freaks, they finish and find out that it's not as interesting to play as it might have been if it was less focused...

That said, DMs back off just as often as they loose players so it's 50-50 deal. At least you can reuse your char in some other game.

Vertexx69

First Post
Well the Breath of Fire universe is populated with animalistic type humanoids, and the general population just excepts this as normal. With fishman traders and Oxman boat captains being commonplace, a motley crew in a tavern shouldn't scare anyone away.

hellrazor111

First Post
Dang, I updated IC before I looked at here this, I hope people didn't give up on this. I was sick for a while then had to catch up on home work after my grades dropped to Fs I'm back now though. I was hoping that when I logged back on there would have been lots of posts and what not. Damn sad to see this die..

@ Vertexx: McNeils Village is a little bit out of the way of the rest of the world, and, you all are outsiders to the village, and a tough looking group, it's less that your scary and more of they don't want to anger you.

@Neurotic: Considering that nothing has happened sense I was gone, go ahead I mean, nobody know what anyone else has so..

Oh and I'll get a RG up in a few minutes, ment to do it a lot sooner.

Last edited:

Vertexx69

First Post
I don't think its that we have given up on the game so much as we were scratching our heads as to why the DM only posted twice in 2 weeks. But the party make-up of 3 evil characters (2 of which are undeadish) and 3 good characters (including a paladin) might have made interaction a bit of a problem :) But the 4 of us that actually have posted should be able to handle this.

Halford

First Post
Posted Alariass in the RG he now has all of his Archivist spells and his spells prepared on there to - ready to rumble! Was it roll for HP btw? I placed a link to my IC rolls, hope thats right...

Halford

First Post
Looking back to the first post I see we all get a free +1 weapon. Would it be permissable for Alariass, who is about as much use in melee as a chocolate teapot, to use the funds for something else? Or at least to sell his +1 weapon and use those funds to purchase something more appropriate to him?

Halford

First Post
I have to note that ethereal characters were specifically banned and Voidrazor is running a character who can become ethereal at will. Sorry to be a stickler, but it doesn't seem fair that an option is open to one player and not to others - especially since I had been planning to use it.

Sorry Voidrazor, don't mean to be irritating, but fair is fair sort of thing. :)

Remove ads