Death of the dragons (OOC)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
+1 weapon

Halford, take staff +1 and later enchant it as true mage staff. This just gives you base of operations so to speak

Halford

First Post
Oooh whats a True Mages Staff, sounds neat! I was thinking of doing the same thing, but with a Gauntlet and the Defending property, but I would really love a anklet of translocation to get out of grapples before I get dimension door.

On another note reading over Necropolitan I now realize that I effectively had to spend 2,500xp to become one. Now I would have regained 600 of this during play relative to other characters, due to being 4th level while they were 5th leaving a gap of 1,900xp.

Since level adjustments have been allowed to be applied to one side of the gestault I would suggest something like having my archivist half be 4th level. Then whenever we recieved experience I would apply the difference between the xp a character of our level and one lower would recieve to my archivist side only taking it off te 1900 until it caught up.

Or I could be 950xp short of 5th on either side, which might be easier.

Of course the best solution would be to give everyone 1,000xp over 5th and for me to start at 5th!:D

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Staff of magii

I'm not sure there is such enchantment in D&D, it's the staff that behaves as part of the mage, he can use it to channel touch spells through it, it serves as ring of spell storing, may or may not have several small enchantments such as light or produce flame or similar, mage can transfer his soul from staff and back (not that it's very useful, but...maybe delay death for one round or so when he reaches -10hp?)

And of course he can have all normal weapon enchatments. Maybe there should be enchantment that allows mage to burn his spell levels for arcane fire that flares along the staff and does spell level d6 damage?

Halford

First Post
Well the Staff of the Magii is an artifact so I certainly cannot create it, and even that does not do all you describe I'm afraid. Its best power is the ability to use Summon Monster 9, and anyone with a brain will hurl low level spells into it after expending all of its charges until you can use Summon Monster 9 16 times! And then jut charge it up again!

Alariass is not a Wizard btw he is a Psion/Archivist, so he gets a good number of Wizard spells from Clerical domains, and can use druid spells, though he does not have access to them all and must use a prayer book in the same way that a wizard usesa spellbook.

Voidrazor

First Post
I have to note that ethereal characters were specifically banned and Voidrazor is running a character who can become ethereal at will. Sorry to be a stickler, but it doesn't seem fair that an option is open to one player and not to others - especially since I had been planning to use it.

Sorry Voidrazor, don't mean to be irritating, but fair is fair sort of thing. :)
If I recall correctly ghosts were banned, not the ability to become ethereal specifically. I had already submitted my character build, without getting a thumbs down, at the time you got the no on ghosts. So my guess is that the difference is that ghosts can't become physical whereas Fiends of Possession have to either inhabit an object or use an action once every several rounds in order to avoid returning to normal material form. If allowing a FoP was an oversight, I suppose I could start building a new character, but I'd probably hold off and wait to see whether or not the campaign is going to stay around for a while.

Halford

First Post
Incorporeals...I'm going to have to say no to to the ghost.

I see your point Voidrazor, but I'm baffled as to what the practical difference would be. I guess the question is was Hellrazor aware of it, etc. I confess to being a little miffed, but then I really like my character and I would hate for you to have to redo yours.

I would like an explaination of the difference, as much from curiosity as anything else. The ghosts ability to manifest, etc., certainly means there is a difference between the effects, but I would have thought the chief reasons were things like being able to bypass encounters from the tenor of hellrazors response - though that was likely groundless speculation on my part.

On a different note I am curious as to your choice to give up your fifth level Psion feat for the telepathy ability Voidrazor. Had you considered simply getting a Psicrystal which allows for a very siumilar effect along with a myriad of other benefits? I had not seen these articles btw and drooled over the Shaper ability, a swift action Astral Construct, yes please!

*Yawn* Gah, I need sleep, my apologies if that was not terribly coherent.

Voidrazor

First Post
Well, I'd have to use a feat to get a psicrystal in the first place. And while they do have some nifty abilities, a crystal would be both vulnerable and visible compared to my character. Lastly, much of Haereka's schtick involves stealthy psionic Charm and Suggestion, which probably wouldn't work as well via proxy.

Halford

First Post
Ah, true. I've always been a big fan of Telepath as a disipline, the class skills alone make it worth it, but then Psions in general are extremely powerful.

hellrazor111

First Post
Voidrazeor's ability is used like a spell and comes from a class I have several options at my disposal to take care of this. Very little can stop a ghost from returning to the ethereal plane and also, if a ghost is killed it returns 2d4 days later and deals ability damage and a few other really nasty abilities.

Last edited:

Remove ads