• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Death of the dragons (OOC)

Theroc

First Post
Well then

DC:22 result: 22 Damage: 19

Atarneil focuses his power into his hands. He feels the hairs on his arms stand on end as powerful waves of electricity flow in the weretiger. "That should make him think twice."

This is the OOC thread. You may wanna move that over to the IC thread, lol. And damn, I'm starting to wonder if Ardularra will be any good this encounter. >.> I'll do something soon, I promise.

Theroc

First Post
Whats up?

I think I'm going to tweak this guy, as he is preventing everyone from having fun.

I posted, didn't? Who are we waiting on?

Edit Note:
I think my problem with him was simply that Ardularra can't hurt him. Her eldritch blasts would hardly do any damage even if she COULD hit him, and his touch AC is apparently huge. That and Ardularra can't heal as fast as he heals damage.

However, I think this was more suboptimal character generation on my part than a major issue with your BBEG, since everyone else seems to be doing fairly well.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I'll post Marius action next, but I don't know who's turn it is.

Hellrazor, could you sort out who did what (maybe in partial round post), who's next and maybe AC of tigers and damage done to them...

not total of their hitpoints, I think I'd be discourared to see weretigers 300 hp compared to my 60 :) Just AC so we can describe hit or near miss or miss instead of writing descriptions that avoid refernces to hit...you wouldn't give us much info with that and we could write more freely.

Theroc

First Post
Neurotic said:
OOC2: don't sweat suboptimal character choices, I did some too and since this is gestalt, you're still poewrful, just maybe not against this kind of opponent (high touch AC) - and Marius has touch AC 24 so nothing exceptional about 20+ touch...

My level 8 Paladin built with fairly high defenses only has a 17 touch AC, and his shield bonuses count toward his touch AC. Your touch AC is high because you have like 8 different bonuses that all go to it. It's obviously very possible. Just... If I can't even hit on a touch attack, I can't hit at all... since he's sure to have natural AC as well. Which means most of my abilities will prove useless on this guy.

I suppose we'll see how it goes, but so far looking back, I also realized my deity choice will keep me from getting one of the primary reasons I wanted the Eldritch Disciple PrC (A Non-evil Deity is required for the Healing Blast)

So, if Ardularra dies, I'll probably request creating a new character. Either more focused on buffing, or more focused on taking the heat for the party, duking it out with the monsters.

Theroc

First Post
Also this guy was designed for the original party, who could it his touch.

Well, I don't know what his touch is, but I know I couldn't have rolled much better on Ardularra's touch attack.

So, it was more an error of mine than anything with the BBEG, I just made a character who wasn't particularly effective in comparison to the others.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
hellrazor, couldyou allow kisuke to select one or two infusions to have active at the time he arrived and to have Benihime silversheened. He could do it riding and he knows what kind of creature we'refighting. Remember when he was NPCd, he could not bypass DR 10 in any meaningful way...

Also, for caster players, if you have Calm Emotions, it gets the barbarian rage quite nicely ;)

Remove ads