Death of the Dragons

hellrazor111

First Post
"The information I offer is a bit of a...secret. I myself happened across it from an abandoned house. At first I thought it was blank paper, but magic proved otherwise." Seifer pauses for a second "And I have come across some items that may prove useful for you." He adds with a smile.

"As for the location and numbers, there are 8 of them hidden in the forest north of the town, and yes, there used to be one, but the few victems that survived have apparently turned. The leader has gotten them to join him with threats." He licks his lips before continuing, "If you wish to help, we should leave early in the morning so we get there before night."

Halford

First Post
Alariass frowns,

"Very well I believe I can lend my powers to this venture. Consider the services of the Late Alariass Karamon engaged, again providing that the reward is significant enough to justify the risk. I am ready to leave now, but if those of you still "choosing life", require your beauty sleep then I shall of course wait - I am used to waiting."

Vertexx69

First Post
"Hmmm so these beasts multiply like a desease, instead of the old fashioned way? That's just not the way it's suppose happen. I would have thought Windia would have sent in troops if the creature is killing off the population." Grabhar shift is position where he's leaning against the wall as if the small room is uncomfortable.

"These things can't be allowed to spread. I really like hunting in these forests, and their numbers are already becoming a problem." He absently runs a claw gloved finger over the bit of antler stuck in his belt as he stares off in no particular direction. His gaze snaps back to the group after a moment. "So let's hear this offer of yours young-un." He adds his winning smile as he stands up from the walls and flips one of the chairs around to sit on backwards and sits among the group. "So does this monstermaker have some kind of plan, or is he just really picky about what type of folk he spends his time with?"

hellrazor111

First Post
"They think the beasts make layer in the mountains, and they won't listen to me sense I'm only a kid." He lets out a sigh before continuing "I believe even the beast is being controlled." He stands up and turns away, you watch him wipe his face before he turns back around. He chuckles then says, "Sorry, but it's hard to call a friend a beast. What I think is that someone wants to gather up some sort of army and is using him as a pawn." He grips the stool and squeezes, his knuckles turning white.

"What i propose is that we attack at day, so that afflicted ones won't transform. Well, I've told you their location and my objective any other questions?"

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Marius Goldleaf

Yes, there are questions. Are we going for capture so they can be cured eventualy? Or is this cleaning operation? Do you know exact count so we don't miss someone?

Personaly, I'd prefer to capture them so we can cure innocents who were afflicted. And if even source of this unfortune is controlled it might pay to capture him so we can find out who or what is behind all of this.

Oh, and we might take some belladona with us, both for personal use and to disable weres. Does anyone know someone here or has seen alchemist shop?

OOC: Except for those who already have templates, undead and such ;)
OOC2: where can one find belladona in small village? At local midwife? witch?

Halford

First Post
Alariass frowns,

"You seem uncommonly knowledgeable about Lycanthropy Master Goldleaf... How did you come by the knowledge? In anycase Belladona would be helpful, in case any of my new colleagues are bitten, but for little else - the creatures will no doubt be too far gone. I can produce dried Belladona if the worst comes to the worst. Otherwise it would take an effort beyond my means to remove the creatures afflictions - I suggest a swift merciful death to be the kindest option."

Turning to Seifer he tuts, and is still for a moment after which a chair appears beneath him.

"So this creature is or was your friend? It would take great power to compel such a creature, though a Psionicist could do so more easily - of course the control need not be supernatural in nature."

[sblock=K.Nature 34]K.Nature (1d20+15=34) [/sblock]

[sblock=Neurotic]Sorry to be a pedant, but you should really be making knowledge checks to know information like the use of Belladona, etc. Not a big deal at all, but a personal peeve(sp?) is the use of OOC knowledge. We may have access to the Monster Manual, but our characters don't - well not unless they make really high knowledge checks![/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Knowledge about Lycanthropy

Way of the Dragon is the way of knowledge. I came to my knowledge by listening to others. By learning from books. And by learning by my self in the wide world.

Part of our training in the temple was study of various creatures and their anatomies and ways to defeat them.

Would you like to hear about your strengths and weaknesses, honored dead?

Marius' voice turns cold at the last sentence.

Knowledge (Arcana) (1d20+15=30); Knowledge (Nature) (1d20+9=28)

[sblock=OOC]
I didn't try to use metaknowledge, it's something Marius knows well. Besides belladona might be common knowledge even if believed superstituous by some.

Sorry about that last part, Marius is LG gold dragon. Undead aren't somethin he is too happy about.
[/sblock]

Halford

First Post
"Well I am glad to see that I have a fellow scholar with whom to discourse. The value of knowledge is all to easy to underestimate. As to my weaknesses I assure you I am well aware of them and have taken appropriate measure to negate them. I find the advantages of undeath enough of a compensation, though I must also face the prejudice of those who equate undeath and evil. Just because something is true most of the time does not mean it is true all of the time. I am not a evil being Master Goldleaf, merely a dedicated one, dedicated to the pursuit of knowledge. I suspect we should get along famously."

The innocuous merchant smiles,

"And in the spirit of friendship, would anyone else like a seat?"

[sblock=Knowledge Checks]Works for me Neurotic![/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
Grabhar rubs his chin as he takes all this new information in. "You are both clearly more knowledgable about our prey than I. Plants and poisons though aren't exactly the way I tend to have gone about my hunts in the past. Be there any other weaknesses these beasts have, that the weaponed folk here might use?" If anyone is looking at the spearsage, they might notice his hunched back actually move indendently from the rest of his torso.

Halford

First Post
Alariass nods at Grabhar's words,

"Ah yes forgive me my friend, you would be wanting silver for lycanthropes. I am afraid I do tend to overlook martial concerns upon occasion being more concerned with the cerebral."

Remove ads