Death of the Dragons

hellrazor111

First Post
The inn is unusually busy due to the roadblock. Apparently not wanting to upset any of you, most of the people tend to stare for too long and look away when you meet their gaze. After a while a boy, looking no older than 12, enters the Inn. He is dressed strangely for his age, in a suite of scale mail fitted for him, with a short sword at his waist.

His hair is a deep violet color and his eyes dart around the inn. The innkeeper walks over and scolds him for something as he takes a seat at an empty table close to you.

Last edited:

Ryfte

First Post
Leandra Blackbow

Sitting at a nearby table a pale skinned elf chuckles quietly as she tosses small bits of stale bread into the air while a small owl snatches them. The two of them seem to be conversing with one another while playing and the elf frequently glances over at your table studying each individual in turn. Without rising she directs her voice to those seated at the table next to her, "You'll be needing a guide then I should think. Issef and I can show you the forest paths or the city paths... whichever you've need of. It would be a simple enough thing to have passed by the roadblock... but tis always wise to travel with others when lycanthropes be about. I'd join you there but Issef does like to play on the table." Wonder if one of these is one of the beasts... they can be sneaky when they need to be... but none have that look about them... that I can see at least. Standing and pulling an arrow from the quiver on her back she makes a quick series of gestures, "Leandra Blackbow, Nighthuntress of the Roofguard, Twilight Guardian of Io'Lokar at your service.", nods her head curtly and then replaces the arrow and sits again.

Vertexx69

First Post
A bemused look crosses the face of the spearman, as he glances intently at the elven maiden's form for the briefest of moments. "Nonsense M'lady, please be our guest and come join us. Your little friend does not offend." He indicates up into the rafters where several doves coo quietly away, passing unnoticed over most of the tables. "This is no night to be alone, especially with these great furry beasts rampaging through the night..." The comely serving girl brings a platter of meat to the table. Grabhar wraps a large gloved hand around her waste, gently pulling her close. He whispers something into her ear in musical tones that make her cheeks flush and the barest hints of a smile touch the corners of her mouth. Then he takes her hand and with the lightest of kisses and a wink, dismisses the barmaid as if she were a princess.

Turning his attention back to the accumulated new companions at his table, he gives each his full focus as they bring news from areas otuside the forest. Seeing that several of them were still unclear as to who their seeming host was at all, he smiles his wry smile and clears his throat gently. "But if you'd forgive me, I am Grabhar a simple spearman, and I've hunted in the surrounding forests for some time. I possess some small skill in getting where I need to be to get the job at hand done." He then falls silent as the food now seems to warrant his considerable attention.

After every scrap is gone from the plate he picks back up the antler and starts carving away again. Then he sets a small but finely crafted owl figurine in front of the elf girl, and then pulls out a small scroll that even the wizened old scholar has never seen before, and studies it intently for a little while before rolling it back up and draining another tankard.

Last edited:

hellrazor111

First Post
You sit around talking for a few hours, about an hour ago the vilot haired boy grabbed his forehead and ran upstairs. He now calmly walk down the stairs to the bar, puts some coins on the counter and wispers something to the innkeeper before walking out.

The innkeeper then calls over a barmaid and points in you direction while wispering something and handing her a sheet of paper. The barmaid quickly approaches and studders "T-That purple haired b-boy wants you all t-to meet him at a s-small shack d-down the road." She puts the paper on the table. It is a curde map of the area with a spot circled in ink. She stand their for a second before turning and shuffeling away.

Last edited:

Halford

First Post
The merchant stands and raises and enquiring eyebrow,

"Well shall we? One last thing before we do, I will for the sake of social nicetie er up an introduction, I am The Late Alariass Karamon, and I am shall we say lacking a pulse, not in the nasty unsanitary way you are perhaps accustomed to, but rather in a dry and presentable manner. I hope this will cause no undue alarm, I assure you I am a respectable gentleman and a most useful traveling companion."

He watches the group cautiously ready to beat a hasty retreat should any take issue with his undeath.

"Shall we?"

Vertexx69

First Post
The spearman in forest greens stands as he drains the last of his tankard, and presses another coin into the hand of the barmaid before she scurries off. He scruggs at priest's claim to lacking a pulse as he picks up his pack from under the table. "As long as you don't try to bite me I don't see a problem. Shall we be off then?"

Halford

First Post
Alariass chuckles dryly,

"I don't see that being a problem Master Huntsman, you are not to my taste - a fact I am sure neither of us lament! In anycase I am no Vampire."

With that he turns and walks out of the door.

Voidrazor

First Post
Haereka separates from the bar and ghosts ethereally over to the table for a peek at the map. She then makes a beeline for the marked spot, going straight through the wall. But as she does, she calls back telepathically to Grabhar. I don't suppose you could buy me a minute or so dear? I'd like to make sure that violet tressed lad has useful things to say.

[sblock=hellrazor111]Assuming Haereka can find the marked location and the purple haired guy is there, possess a nearby unattended object, then she'll attempt psionically Charm him (DC 15). If successful, she'll claim to be a dragonspirit, try to confirm that he was going to talk to the other PC's about missing dragons, and ask him to introduce her once they arrive. If he was planning to talk to them about something else, I'll still ask for the intro, get details on what he IS planning to talk about, and work the dragon angle into whatever he's actually concerned with.

If unsuccessful, I'll try again (DC 17 affecting aberrations, dragons, elementals, or outsiders as well). Don't worry, I don't want to derail the plot in any way. What I do want to do is to get the purple-haired guy to help establish Haereka as a spirit whose purpose is to guide and aid the others on the quest.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Vertexx69

First Post
Grabhar reaches out to take hold of the priest's shoulder before he can start out the door, while casting an eye to the others at the table. "Please take a few moments to make sure all of your materials are in order before we hike out into the night. The beasts have been attacking all throughout the area, and I would hate to see anyone in my company caught unawares after spending seveeral hours in a cozy tavern with many distractions..." as he glances over at the young barmaid again. "Make sure nothing is ...misplaced before we set off." After a couple minutes of checking his own rig, the spearsage seems satisfied and stands back up as he slings his small pack over his massive shoulders and his spear sheath.

Those who are watching may notice that his forest gloves are tipped with a prestine set of razor sharp animal claws that seem to be attached from the inside of the gloves.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Marius Goldleaf

Marius frowns at the proclamation of undeath. But he decides to wait out, he heard of non-evil undead. And some powerful casters had elemental or other bloodlines that required no pulse.

I don't need to check anything. Way of the Dragon teaches us that weapon is just an item. Wielder is actual weapon and I am trained to be as deadly as dragon claw with or without help of items.

Still he waits with same unnatural immovability while other check their gear.

Remove ads