Death of the Dragons

Halford

First Post
Alariass's holds out a warding hand as the big man approaches,

"You will forgive me my friend, but I am not yet comfortable enough in our acquaintance to allow you to approach me so closely. No doubt I would be outmatched, and it would hardly help build trust between our fledgling company."

The plain merchant's face is inscruitable,

"I have no need to prepare my gear, but by all means go ahead and check your own. You will find I am possessed of almost infinite patience, when it is warranted."

[sblock=Grabhar and [B]Marius[/B]]
OOC: Introducing Alariass's heroic psi-crystal Trikk!

Inside their minds Grabhar and Marius "hear" the following fast paced dialogue in a "voice" which somehow conveys a gunghow and cavalier attitude with every "syllable",

"Hello! Don't be alarmed I am Trikk, the bosses best bossom buddy! You seem like a tough pair of fellows, once we join up I am sure we will slay many foes together! Ah, sorry, the boss says I waffle. He doesn't like to be touched by the way - I think he prefers to be dead, it involves fewer fluids he says - you fleshy people are welcome to them - and fewer people want to touch you when bits might drop off, ha! I don't think the claws help either, they are awesome though! I'm a crystal by the way, very shiny, very clear."

There is a brief pause in the onslaught of telepathic speech as Grabhar "hears" swishing noises, which are oddly reminiscent of a small child playing at swordsman.

"In anycase the boss wanted to tell you that if you want to talk to him in private you just rub your nose and I'll relay anything you want to say - though you must be within about thirty feet of the boss. He also says, "I am wary of this meeting, be on your guard." He's far too cautious, I always tell him, we get in trouble we get ourselves out relax, but no...." [/sblock]

Last edited:

hellrazor111

First Post
[Haereka]
The shack is in the area marked on the map, though not a ligh is visible. Looking through the wall, there is no one in there, though a moment later the purple-haired boy walks in. He lights a lantern before setting his sword down on a crate, then removes his chest piece. He grabs and downs a bottle of some silvery liquid and puts it in another crate next to a cot. He grabs a stool and sit facing the door of the place.
As he sits there, you attempt to charm him. As soon as you prod his brain, a mental barrier forms and you are denied. He spins around looking for someone. After a few seconds he gets up and moves to make a fire in a stove against the wall. You try again after he sits down, this time a little harder and meet the barrier once agai. He spins around to your direction, his eyes glowing faint blue in color. He looks at your position with a grin and says "You can show yourself, I can see you almost plain as day." His eyes don't move from your location.

Voidrazor

First Post
Haereka wild shapes into the form of a breathtakingly beautiful, blonde human woman before returning to physical manifestation. Her form is both buxom and svelte, to a degree almost never seen in a world unfamiliar with plastic surgery. Her eyes, twin saphires, radiate a liquid clarity that is almost too intense to look upon, atop cheekbones that balance prominence with fey elegance. She speaks in an intimate breathy whisper, "Interesting, you are no mere boy I take it? I for one should know that appearances can be deceiving. So what manor of being are you that you did see me? Oh, and by the way, I love the hair. It's scrumptious."

hellrazor111

First Post
"I'm extremely gifted with magic ma'am, as powerful as the town wizard, though i wasn't born here."

The boy grabs a piece of wood and with a few mumbled word it forms into a stool. "Have a seat fair lady, I'm thinking that your with that group at the inn? I'm also guessing that you want to know why I called for you, considering that you were trying to invade my mind?" A moment later he adds "Thanks for the complement, the color's natural."

Vertexx69

First Post
Grabhar makes an afluently apologetic gesture to the merchant and looks back toward the table at the elven maiden that had been dining with them. With his warm smile he extends one hand toward the door and the other to her if she would like to use it to help her from her seat. [sblock=mentally @ Trikk]You know its very innconsiderate to innitiate mental contact without an invitation, my little bauble. But I'm quite used to it at this point... I wasn't really interested in grabbing your owner, so much as making sure we were ready for a treck through the night.[/sblock]a few moments later...

Approaching the tiny cabin, the spearsage can hear the voice of his travelling companion from inside along with that of the boy the impromptu dinner party were coming to meet. His spear once again in hand, he lightly taps on the door.[sblock=mentally @ Haereka]We are just outside.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Halford

First Post
"Ah, think nothing of it my friend, I hope you will forgive my excentricities!" Alariass replies apologetically, following Grabhar and the others to the hut.

He nods to the boy and his comely companion pleasently smiling pleasently and doffing his hat. When he does so the group percieve a withered, but presentable Elven corpse, and it is clear to those who understand such things that Alariass has had himself embalmed. He swiftly returns the hat to his head and is once more an innocuous merchant.

"Greetings you wished to see us?"

hellrazor111

First Post
The boy invites you into his hut. He creates 2 more chairs for you to sit on, then invite you to sit down gesturing to the chairs and his cot.

Welcome, thank you all for coming out here to meet me. First off, my name is Seifer.
He pauses to learn everyone's name.
"Now to why I called you to meet me. I'm looking to end this were-tiger problem. I have business in Wyndia, but won't be able to pass until it is dealt with. I have learned the location of their layer, but there are too many of them for me to take alone. There will be a reward in it for you after it is done." After a moment he adds, "The Wyndian government may also give you a reward for taking care of the beasts." He tosses another log into the stove.

Last edited:

Halford

First Post
Alariass frowns, but after a brief period of consideration nods slowly.

"Very well, I think I could prove amenable to such a task should the compensation prove adequate. Might we perhaps hear more details about this proffered reward, and the location of this lair? Do you have an estimate of numbers, information about any exceptional specimens, etc.?"

Voidrazor

First Post
Haereka smiles winningly while inwardly raging. This entire matter was just starting, yet already events were spinning out of her control. If she had just had a few more minutes to smooth things over before the others arrived she could have perhaps turned the situation to her advantage. But this damnable distraction with the weretigers was already the focus, and there was no time to gauge whether Seifer would be willing to spin a useful yarn.

With a mental effort she calms herself. The situation was far from hopeless. She just had to tread carefully. "Wyndia? Hah, I'd call it coincidence but fate is more likely. I was on my way there to look for some friends of mine that have gone missing. With all the trouble on the road, some traveling companions who know how to take care of themselves is, well, kismet. Oh, I'm sorry I haven't introduced myself. I'm Haereka. It's wonderful to meet you all."[sblock=Hellrazor]A note of sadness and regret enters Haereka's psychic voice as she silently 'speaks' to Seifer. I hope you can find it in your heart to see past what must be the worst of first impressions. These are dark times, and regrettable as it is, I thought it prudent to try to determine your intentions. There are matters afoot of which you may not be aware. And, unfortunately, I'm err not allowed to speak of them yet. But I promise when the time is right I'll explain everything. [/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Marius Goldleaf

I heard of only one of the beasts. To have whole lair of them spells trouble for this entire area.

I am Marius Goldleaf. I am willing to hear what you have to offer. Any information will be appreciated.

Marius bows slightly first toward Haereka then Seifer.

Remove ads