• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Dec] What are you playing?

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Man in the Funny Hat said:
Sid Meier's Railroads! (looks nice - but then it feels like it's too glossed-over. I dislike not being able to just get a decent schematic of my enitre system at a glance.)
You can forget about playing this if you are running an XP system, it just isn't compatible. :mad:

Nifft

Penguin Herder
I'm still playing Civ IV - Warlords (but with the most recent patch) and the patch makes it a whole new game. A very hard game. I'm losing games that I used to win, and it's not because the AIs cheat more -- it's because they are smarter. (Especially the new American leader "SkyNet". :uhoh: )

Cheers, -- N

Anime Kidd

Explorer
Finally have an opportunity for World of Warcraft (yes, I know Im late). So far its fun but oh how iI hate the grinding needed to level. Must be doing osmething wrong as I don't have the equipment of people equal to my level, Im always broke. :(

mmu1

First Post
Anime Kidd said:
Finally have an opportunity for World of Warcraft (yes, I know Im late). So far its fun but oh how iI hate the grinding needed to level. Must be doing osmething wrong as I don't have the equipment of people equal to my level, Im always broke. :(

That doesn't get any better, you know... Not saying this to be a jerk, it's just the truth - the higher level you get, the worse the grind, and the more work you need to put into getting high quality gear. (which often comes down to doing instanced or raid dungeons over and over and over and over...)

Though also keep in mind that, in all likelihood, this late in time many of the people your level are not starting from scratch, but simply starting a new character, and they've been able to send themselves money from their level 60s and twink out, so the in-game economy is completely messed up.

Arnwyn

First Post
I just finished Dragon Quest III (GBC remake) this past weekend - great game. I only did (most) of the first end-of-game bonus dungeons, as the grinding is just too much for no benefit (just leveling up for the sake of leveling up in the bonus dungeons). And I'm certainly not going to go collect those Monster Medals to open up the second bonus dungeon...

The next game on my list of "old games I never got to" is Legend of Zelda (yeah, the very first one) (GCN version).

Agamon

Adventurer
The NWN toolset is not quite as intuitive as the Aurora toolset from #1. But I'm still trudging ny way through the 1P game (trudging is the wrong word, it's fun). Playing a bit of Civ IV Warlord, too.

Also some Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Smackdown vs Raw 2007 for the 360. I want to get back to playing some Pirates, Oblivion and Sims on the PC, but haven't the time right now.

I'm so excited. My old laptop started dying nearly a year ago, and everytime I sent it in to be fixed they would format the hard drive, basically making it impossible to play any games. A couple months ago it gave up the ghost completely, and I haven't played anything.

When my new laptop get here (Wednesday *crosses fingers*) I'll have a lot of games to play that I've bought, but never got a chance to even install. Warhammer 40K: Winter assualt, Rome: Barbarian Invasion, NWN2, Battlefiend 2142....

I can't wait.

*Checks FedEx* Nope, still in the Philippines. :(

masshysteria

Explorer
Between all the money I'm sinking into fixing my house and knowing I should be buying some Christmas presents, I decided to do my best to not buy anything new and dig out all my old games I've never finished.

I just finished off Gears of War on hardcore difficulty, so I'm going to take a break from that. Although, I'd won't mind picking it up again to play co-op when given the chance.

Right now I'm playing Fallout, with finishing Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of Underdark next on the list.

Otherwise, I think I'm going to try to track down some old games that I've never played but always wanted to. My top priority is Planescape: Torment.

Of course all this requires that I am able to continue resisting the temptation to get a Wii.

Remove ads