Dedicated Hunter[General] (Was Dedicated Tracker [General])

Erekose13

Explorer
Hadn't thought of the ranger cure spells, never had one get that high, but I guess paladins get them too and you'd be hurting that as well. You've sold me. Though at times I was reading the proposal and thought that it was too broad to fit into just a feat and sounded like the beginings of a pretty good PrC.

In any case I'll put it down as a Yes

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Hadn't thought of the ranger cure spells, never had one get that high, but I guess paladins get them too and you'd be hurting that as well. You've sold me. Though at times I was reading the proposal and thought that it was too broad to fit into just a feat and sounded like the beginings of a pretty good PrC.

In any case I'll put it down as a Yes
It does give a lot of things, doesn't it? I'd probably also make it a PrC. Also throw in some fun unique abilities--maybe tie it to a particular church to fit in with the LEW flavour.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
I'll look into that. That might be an interesting prospect.
Yeah, since it gives so many things, I would either make a PrC with new abilities (which would be cooler) or make it a feat chain of two instead of one (perhaps adding Wild Empathy)--I don't contend that giving these powers is overpowered for the multiclass combo, just that giving them for only one feat is a mighty small price to pay, and they are admittedly still getting full BAB progression all the way through too.

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
Yeah, since it gives so many things, I would either make a PrC with new abilities (which would be cooler) or make it a feat chain of two instead of one (perhaps adding Wild Empathy)--I don't contend that giving these powers is overpowered for the multiclass combo, just that giving them for only one feat is a mighty small price to pay, and they are admittedly still getting full BAB progression all the way through too.
True, and the Paladin sacrifices more than the ranger does in this particular multi-class (Lay hands, turning, spell casting, mount, and smite, and I'm probably missing a few vs Favored enemy improvements, combat style, and wild empathy advancement).

I think I'll work on a PrC, so I think we can put this proposal on hold. I'll have to figure out a good way to multi-class some of the powers, but I guess there's nothing wrong with adjusting the function of a base class though a PrC.

Erekose13

Explorer
I would like to see a PrC, thinking on it though a feat to allow multiclassing may still be a viable feat. Perhaps lowering the reqs and benefits a tad.

Rystil Arden

First Post
:lol: So looks like it passes anyway in 48 hours :D It's really powerful and widespread in effect for just one feat still, but it does require a pretty unusual concept.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
I'll probably make sure the PrC requires it :)
The PrC is not really going to be fair if the feat already gives that much, though--the idea was to spread some of that out into the PrC. You could make the PrC give fewer powers, but then it isn't appetising to take it.

Remove ads