Dedicated Hunter[General] (Was Dedicated Tracker [General])

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
I actually accidentally derailed an Improved Combat Expertise thread into a similar discussion--or is that the one you're talking about?
Yes, you and your improved combat expertise tyranosaurus :p

Bront

The man with the probe
I take it he was awakened?

BTW, I started another thread asking this question becaus I'm curious what people think when asked, not when it's hidden in another thread. (About animal Intelegence)

Rystil Arden

First Post
He was a unique half-demon who was worshipped by a bestial cult and had a semidivine aura (Eyros doesn't really have ordinary deities, but worship sometimes gives semidivine auras to the object of worship).

Bront

The man with the probe
Knight Otu said:
Are you sure about that? ;)

Ahem, it sounds likw are in agreement, then. Yes?
Quite. I've never heard a spell couldn't effect a creature because it, per RAW, couldn't become that intellegent, while others claimed they suddently gained the ability to speak. It was quite ammusing :)

Erekose13

Explorer
Hmm official feat is very similar, but thats not a problem for me. I've created a couple that were too. The point of creating similar is to avoid copyright protection but provide a baseline for balance comparisson.

That being said the WotC feat gives:
- animal companion/mount ability
- smite
- wild empathy

Your feat gives:
- animal companion/mount ability
- smite (vs. favored enemy only)
- favored enemy (only half pally level counts)
- lay on hands

I think this is pretty balanced, though I'd be tempted to take lay on hands down a notch as it doesn't gel quite as well for me. Like perhaps half-ranger level contributes to loh?

Bront

The man with the probe
I can do half LoH, but rangers get cure spells too, and the multi class will kill that as well. It's not a high powered ability by any stretch either.

Remove ads