Dedicated Hunter[General] (Was Dedicated Tracker [General])

Bront

The man with the probe
Dungannon said:
I don't have much to add other than I'm seeing this Feat and imagining it being used to create a ranger/paladin/brightstriker, and my heart is all aflutter. :D
What's a brightstriker?

Bront

The man with the probe
GnomeWorks said:
An approved LEW prestige class. It's in the mechanics thread.
Ahh, interesting. Wouldn't be to nasty, as this feat wouldn't stack with it too, but it would be a fun thematic character.

Velmont

First Post
Dungannon said:
I don't have much to add other than I'm seeing this Feat and imagining it being used to create a ranger/paladin/brightstriker, and my heart is all aflutter. :D

I agree, what a nice undead hunter.

Bront

The man with the probe
Knight Otu said:
Needs a bit of clarification. I assume it should read "In addition, if you use your smite evil ability against an evil favored enemy, you may add your ranger level to your paladin level to determine the extra damage."
I fixed this clairification.

Bront

The man with the probe
Knight Otu said:
Any thoughts on the "Tricks" column problem I mentioned earlier?
I guess, as intellegent they don't need it. That's an easy removal, and shouldn't be too effected by the proposal. If that's the case, the horse would be a Magical Beast. Though there are mentions that many of the animal companions are closer to that as well.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
I guess, as intellegent they don't need it. That's an easy removal, and shouldn't be too effected by the proposal. If that's the case, the horse would be a Magical Beast. Though there are mentions that many of the animal companions are closer to that as well.
K02 is correct. This is why Paladin's Mounts and Familiars do not get bonus tricks--they don't need to learn tricks. Also, note that the Paladin's Mount is already considered a Magical Beast, so it would be odd for the combined mount/companion not to be ;)

Bront

The man with the probe
Cool, that makes it easy. I'll remove that collumn at some point, but it can be ignored from the proposal.

Glad it didn't get to the point another discussion did, about how an animal can't be effected by Fox's Cunning because the intellegence boost would make it not an animal.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Cool, that makes it easy. I'll remove that collumn at some point, but it can be ignored from the proposal.

Glad it didn't get to the point another discussion did, about how an animal can't be effected by Fox's Cunning because the intellegence boost would make it not an animal.
I actually accidentally derailed an Improved Combat Expertise thread into a similar discussion--or is that the one you're talking about?

Remove ads