Dedicated Hunter[General] (Was Dedicated Tracker [General])

Patlin

Explorer
"Devoted Tracker" page 108 of complete adventurer is almost the same, but with lower prereqs and improving smite evil rather than lay on hands.

Even with the harsh prereqs, why couldn't a Paladin 2/Ranger 2 (and anything at all 1 more for the skill ranks) qualify? I'm tired, maybe I'm missing something...

Bront

The man with the probe
You need to be 5th level to get a skill rank of 8.

I didn't realize there was an identical feat. I like the lay hands a bit better personaly along with Kahuna's smite issue.

Patlin

Explorer
Yep, that's why I said "and anything at all 1 more for the skill ranks." For example, a Paladin 2/Ranger 2/Rogue 1 or a Paladin 3/Ranger 2 would seem to qualify.

Don't get me wrong, I like the general idea of this. I do think the prereqs are a bit too tough though, and I'd be inclined to go with the official feat since the two are so close. If you have complete adventurer, give it a look and see what you think.

Bront

The man with the probe
I'll have to look at it when I get home.

And technicaly no, no reason, but 4th of 5th level probably won't make much of a difference.

Knight Otu

First Post
Bront said:
There are lots of feats that are available at levels that characters don't get them. How many BAB +5 feats are out there (Yes I know not nessessarily in the SRD, but still).
I do think those are mostly feats that can be gained as bonus feats or by multiclassing, but I might be wrong. Anyway, it is a minor issue.

If Combat Style as a prereq is kept, I wonder if we can stack ranger and paladin levels for the purpose of getting greater style and mastery?

If We switch to Favored Enemy as a prereq, how about stacking paladin and ranger level for the purpose of determining damage against evil favored enemies (just the first FE, I'd say)? So, a ranger3/paladin3 with undead as FE would deal 6 additional damage on a smite against an evil undead, rather than 3.

Bront

The man with the probe
Yup, that's what we were talking about KO, the FE one.

I think changing it to Favored Enemy will work.

I'll adjust it and put up the ammended feat soon.

Bront

The man with the probe
Updated.

How's that now? I added Survival at 8 specificly to fit in with the flavor of the feat that has changed a little bit now, and to encourage braoder multiclassing instead of potentialy a single level dip and feat take.

Knight Otu

First Post
Bront said:
In addition, You can add your Ranger level to your Paladin level to smite a Favored Enemy.
Needs a bit of clarification. I assume it should read "In addition, if you use your smite evil ability against an evil favored enemy, you may add your ranger level to your paladin level to determine the extra damage."

Bront

The man with the probe
Knight Otu said:
Needs a bit of clarification. I assume it should read "In addition, if you use your smite evil ability against an evil favored enemy, you may add your ranger level to your paladin level to determine the extra damage."
Yup, other than I was avoiding using Smite Evil, simply because i've been pondering suggesting we allow the other 3 paladin variants from UA. I'll reword it a bit later.

Dungannon

First Post
I don't have much to add other than I'm seeing this Feat and imagining it being used to create a ranger/paladin/brightstriker, and my heart is all aflutter. :D

Remove ads