• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dedicated Hunter[General] (Was Dedicated Tracker [General])

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
I actually accidentally derailed an Improved Combat Expertise thread into a similar discussion--or is that the one you're talking about?
Yes, you and your improved combat expertise tyranosaurus :p

Bront

The man with the probe
I take it he was awakened?

BTW, I started another thread asking this question becaus I'm curious what people think when asked, not when it's hidden in another thread. (About animal Intelegence)

Rystil Arden

First Post
He was a unique half-demon who was worshipped by a bestial cult and had a semidivine aura (Eyros doesn't really have ordinary deities, but worship sometimes gives semidivine auras to the object of worship).

Bront

The man with the probe
Knight Otu said:
Are you sure about that? ;)

Ahem, it sounds likw are in agreement, then. Yes?
Quite. I've never heard a spell couldn't effect a creature because it, per RAW, couldn't become that intellegent, while others claimed they suddently gained the ability to speak. It was quite ammusing :)

Erekose13

Explorer
Hmm official feat is very similar, but thats not a problem for me. I've created a couple that were too. The point of creating similar is to avoid copyright protection but provide a baseline for balance comparisson.

That being said the WotC feat gives:
- animal companion/mount ability
- smite
- wild empathy

Your feat gives:
- animal companion/mount ability
- smite (vs. favored enemy only)
- favored enemy (only half pally level counts)
- lay on hands

I think this is pretty balanced, though I'd be tempted to take lay on hands down a notch as it doesn't gel quite as well for me. Like perhaps half-ranger level contributes to loh?

Bront

The man with the probe
I can do half LoH, but rangers get cure spells too, and the multi class will kill that as well. It's not a high powered ability by any stretch either.

Remove ads