• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Default "PoL" Setting - Setting Info Compilation (Now Wikified!)

Hawke

Explorer
Aristotle said:
I'd love to see this go to a 4e wiki of some sort with page references. Lots of us intend to use the PoL to some degree, with our own maps and such... A compilation of purely official resources would be a real asset as more books are released.

Agreed.

mjukglass

First Post
Good job collecting all the info.

But seriously dude. I thought the whole point of a PoL:setting is that there will NEVER be a 'wold map' per se. You will never see a detailed fractal map with clearcut borders and shorelines. Especially not one with a whole continent or some such.

Vague descriptions like: to the west lies bla bla and not more then 10 days at horse back along the ridge you will come to the valley of yadayada. Fine. A detailed map? Not so much...

Last edited:

mjukglass

First Post
Aristotle said:
Never an official map. I think we will see many homebrew worlds using PoL locations. I know that's my plan.

But why? Isn't that ... like ... totally missing the point of PoL? You know the fun part.

Whatever floats your game I guess, I'm just mindboggled that anybody would come up with the idea..

hexgrid

Explorer
mjukglass said:
But why? Isn't that ... like ... totally missing the point of PoL? You know the fun part.

Whatever floats your game I guess, I'm just mindboggled that anybody would come up with the idea..

Huh? I thought coming up with the details was the fun part.

Also, I think you're confusing the concept of what a POL setting is with the approach WotC is taking with the implied 4e setting.

POL doesn't mean "unmapped," even if WotC is never going to publish one for the implied setting.

Last edited:

Aristotle

First Post
hexgrid said:
Huh? I thought coming up with the details was the fun part.
Agreed. I think PoL means different things to different people. For those of us who think of ourselves as worldbuilders it is an excellent framework that lets us practice our hobby while ensuring a certain amount of compliance with the current and pending official supplements.

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
I'm not so interested in the map (although I'm using the one in the DMG to link up Fallcrest, Winterhaven and so on), but if anyone else has any information they want to add to the "basic character knowledge" stuff then put it up here.

Zaister

Explorer
mjukglass said:

It's the point that it's unknown territory for the CHARACTERS and NPCs. There is no reason not to have maps for the DM.

Remove ads