D&D 4E Default setting for 4E?

What should the default setting for 4E be?

• Greyhawk

Votes: 180 33.8%
  • Forgotten Realms

Votes: 57 10.7%
  • Eberron

Votes: 36 6.8%
  • A brand-new setting designed specifically for 4E

Votes: 55 10.3%
  • Ressurect a discontinued setting or use a third-party OGL setting

Votes: 18 3.4%
  • There shouldn't be an assumed default setting for 4E

Votes: 187 35.1%

The_Old_one

First Post
I voted for the Realms, because that's the setting that has always been D&D to me. I came into the hobby in 92, and after a formative year in Mystara, I discovered FR. Fell in love with it straight off the bat, and it's been my favourite ever since.

Also, I think it helps to have a default setting that will actually see some support from the publisher, but doesn't come with as many tweaks to the base game as Eberron (although I do like Eberron).

Woas

First Post
I voted for a new campaign from the ground up that reflects whatever rules and aspects the new game includes. So I'm in the same boat as Hussar on this.

Masquerade

First Post
I would rather not see a default setting in the core books. If there must be one, Eberron, IMHO, would be the best choice. Greyhawk and Forgotten Realms are simply not as inspiring to my generation of gamers as they were to the one before us.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
I'd vote for Karamekios(sp?)/Mystara. The simple bits (what amounts to a stripped-down Karamekios) could be presented in the core books, with Mystara being its own book for those who wanted to delve deeper into the setting.

Now, with that said; el remmen mentioned "Known World". Is that what was first presented in "Isle of Dread" (1e), that later grew up into Karamekios and then Mystara? If so, there could be 3 stages of complexity to the setting...

Lanefan

Remove ads