• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Defiance - Syfy

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
OTOH, that interlink could provide a revenue stream to keep $$$ from being the Sword of Damocles over the show's existence.

randomeric

First Post
I picked up the video game. It takes place in San Francisco.

The two main characters are on a transport with you that crashes.

At that point you are picked up by other NPCs.

I think that there will be references to things that happen in the game, and i would hazard a guess that perhaps season 2 will be affected by what happens in the game during season 1.

But these shows are shot so far in advance and written even further in advance that other than a quick script change to mention something, nothing significant can transpire from the game to the show quickly.

That's my take anyway.

It is a bit of a 3rd person shooter the way the controls work.

I am more of a TAB, press 1, 2, 3, etc... next target.

This one you have to aim and keep aiming.

But it seems quite fun.

As to the show, I have seen episode 1 and 2. Waiting for my wife to catch up to watch #3. And #4 now.

So far I like it. My wife noticed the Twilight Romeo-and-Juliet ring-giving in the meadow back lit with the sun.

And the pale faced aliens look like D&D elf vampires to me.

But they exude a certain... sinister (the two main aliens that is, husband and wife).

I like the ex-mayor plotting something.

Certainly much better than Terra Nova.

randomeric

First Post
The last few episodes have been better.

I credit the lack of teenage romance.

I think the sinister intent from Stahma and Datak Tarr in regard to their son hooking up with the Mccawley's daughter is based in that teenage romance. Now that it is established they can, hopefully, give the cute details a rest and focus on the sinister part.

I like how Nolan and his daughter are getting a bit more serious.

We'll see how it improves!

Remove ads