Deities and Demigods/Immortal's Handbook

Obly99

Hero
If one were to use the rules from both books (overlapping), how would that affect the challenge rating of a deity?
Is it even feasible? I know many of the abilities are quite similar.
I ignore the challenge rating. Already at level 10 it creaks badly, at 15 it breaks, at 20 it explodes and at those levels it's a joke.

Hey FEBF! :)

If one were to use the rules from both books (overlapping), how would that affect the challenge rating of a deity?
Is it even feasible? I know many of the abilities are quite similar.

I specifically designed my Divine Abilities in Ascension to roughly equate to those in Deities & Demigods.

I think it really just boils down to Divine Ranks.

Official Demigod = DvR 1-5, my version DvR 6
Official Lesser God = DvR 6-10, my version DvR 8
Official Intermediate God DvR 11-15, my version DvR 12
Official Greater God DvR 16-20, my version DvR 16

My Demigod is tougher, their Greater God is likely tougher, but overall its likely not a big disparity. The only thing I would avoid in their rules is that individual divine ranks trump lower ones. So a DvR 9 Lesser God trumps a DvR 8 Lesser God. I would ignore that.

Hey FEBF! :)

I specifically designed my Divine Abilities in Ascension to roughly equate to those in Deities & Demigods.

I think it really just boils down to Divine Ranks.

Official Demigod = DvR 1-5, my version DvR 6
Official Lesser God = DvR 6-10, my version DvR 8
Official Intermediate God DvR 11-15, my version DvR 12
Official Greater God DvR 16-20, my version DvR 16

My Demigod is tougher, their Greater God is likely tougher, but overall its likely not a big disparity. The only thing I would avoid in their rules is that individual divine ranks trump lower ones. So a DvR 9 Lesser God trumps a DvR 8 Lesser God. I would ignore that.
I suppose that both templates could be applied in an overlapping fashion then. The power increase should be very modest. Maybe increasing the ECL by 5? The equivalent of a cosmic ability?

Howdy FEFB buddy! :)

I suppose that both templates could be applied in an overlapping fashion then. The power increase should be very modest. Maybe increasing the ECL by 5? The equivalent of a cosmic ability?

I guess...but I don't actually see what the point would be of doing it...?

I mean you could use my templates but substitute their Divine Abilities.

Or

You could create a similar system that mimics their Divine Rank set-up and use my Divine Abilities as the substitutes.

Not sure what overlapping the two templates achieves though? Unless by 'overlap' you mean what I outlined above?

I was more thinking overlap the templates (for greater actions (most notably portfolio related free actions), immunities, and sensory abilities), use your divine ranking system, etc., and use salient abilities from both sets on a case by case basis. Basically the best of both realities.

Remove ads