• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Delta Green] Operas and Avatars: Burn

Gomez

First Post
The next morning after a quick breakfast of ceral and orange juice. Mike takes you into the computer room. You see Barbara outside on the back patio drinking a cup of coffe and talking on her cell phone. Her cloths look like that she didn't go to sleep last night.

"Phil, what have you figured out about that viris? says Mike. Phil's voice comes over the computer speakers again. "Well, I really don't know what to make of it. It appears to be a worm viris what once activated it just plays some video recording over the affected computer's monitor and speakers. There are some strange processes that active as well that I don't have a clue what they do. There is also a trigger that activates the virus but what that might be I don't know. "

G

Guest 11456

Katrina Sue Yoppeigh : Female Computer Programmer

Katrina nods at the information that Phil has provided. "Sounds like we still have plenty to do. Sounds good. What would you like me to tackle first? Or do you want me just to start delving into things and see what I can find?" Then she gets a thought. "Perhaps you should get some sleep, Phil. If you could give me a doc with what you have already done, I could start from there."

Gomez

First Post
There is a long pause. "Well. Ok Kat. Here is what I have so far." New data flashes on the computer screen. "If you need me just ask Mike. He can wake me up. Good night!"

G

Guest 11456

She nods and plants herself in front of the computer. She starts where Phil had left off and begins trying to disassemble the inner workings of the worm and its subprocesses.

Gomez

First Post
After several hours of tinkering with the computer virus, (Computer Use (14)+18=32) Katrina is able to dissected it and has learned several things.

1. It is a worm virus that is sent through email.
2. It's only function is to play a mpeg file on the infected computer's monitor and speakers.
3. I can be remotely activated through data sent on the Internet. This function is set up when ever the computer is first infected.
4. It can also be programmed to activate at a set time and date before the virus infects a computer.
5. It will only activate when there is activity on the mouse or keyboard.
6. The virus will self erase itself once it is activated.
7. It is very resistant to any known anti-virus programs.

G

Guest 11456

After going at it for several hours, the young woman rubs her eyes and pushes herself away from the computer. "That's enough for now. I need a break or all this code is going to run together." She stands and stretches. Then she realizes that she has been wearing the same clothes for more then 24 hours. She knows she can't go back to her apartment. They will probably be watching it. She wonders what she has really gotten herself into. But then she remembers that there is a man in the hospital that saved her life. She snaps back to reality and walks out of the room to stretch her legs.

Gomez

First Post
As Katrina comes out of the computer room, she sees Brenda sitting on the couch smoking a cigarette. "Any progress?" she says. Brenda's eyes look red.

G

Guest 11456

Katrina nods. "So far I have confirmed that it is a worm virus that is sent through email. The worm's only function is to play an mpeg file on the computer's monitor and speakers. It only does this when activated. It can be remotely activated through data sent on the Internet which is setup when first infected. A set time and date can be programmed into it to activate it. Once activated the mpeg function will run only when there is activity on the mouse or keyboard. Once the mpeg function has completed, the worm erases itself." She thinks a moment more. "Oh and it is very resistant to any known anti-virus programs. I would have expected this last part. It being so new. We still need to determine the actual contents of the mpeg file. But since we know what the end result is, we probably need to be very careful about it. If we had a lab or some such we might have a better go at it." She seems distant for a moment. "How is Brian or is it William?" She begins the sentence very sincere and ends it with a touch of sarcasm.

Gomez

First Post
Brenda looks at you with a stern look on her face. "Brian died last night. Respiratory failure." She takes another long puff on her cigarette. "I can arrange a lab where you can study this virus more. It will take a couple of days to set it up." She then looks down at your cloths. "You’re going to need some new cloths and toiletries. I can go do some shopping for you if you tell me what you want."

Brenda looks out the window but she seems to be staring off into space. Then she turns back to look at you. Her expression has changed to a more sad and concerned look. "I know you didn't ask for any of this. But s*$t happens. Right now, we are at war to keep the some really bad things from happening one day at a time. As I can see, it you have two choices. You can try and pick up the pieces and go back to your normal life. The thing is you can't. Your a wanted criminal and once they get hold of you, I doubt you will every be heard from again. Or you can join us and try and make a difference in this *CED* world of ours. It will be hard and dangerous. You will have to give up everything you know but in the end you know that you tried. Plus you won't be alone. Delta Green, that’s us, will become your family. We can give you a new identity and new start. But I don't want to blow smoke up your *CED*. Just think what happened to Brian. People get killed or worse in our business. If you need some time to think it over you can."

G

Guest 11456

Her heart sinks as she hears about Brian. He paid with his life to get this program out of Babel Systems. "What is there to think about? As you have pointed out, they would arrest me on sight. I can't go back to Texas, either. They would track me down there as well." She takes a deep breath and holds it for about 20 seconds before slowly releasing it. Then she nods. "OK! Delta Green? Delta Green it is. What do I need to do now?" She awaits Barbara's response...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads