• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Delta Green] Operas and Avatars: Burn

Gomez

First Post
"Well let me give you the Readers Digest version. In the 1920, Delta Green as created as an intelligence-gathering and espionage government agency that dealt with paranormal events. In the 70's there was one heck of a mess up of one of our operations in Cambodia. Delta Green was shut down by the government. Unwilling to except this, many of the group’s members continued their Delta Green activities on an ad hoc basis, investigating many paranormal events. We are now organized in a classic cell-structure conspiracy. B cell knows of one member of J Cell but doesn't know anyone in T Cell who knows someone in G Cell, etc. Brian and me are in B Cell. A Cell contains our leaders, namely Alphonse and Adam. We communicate via secure servers and encrypted e-mails or phone calls. If you get a message about being invited to an Opera it means there is a mission. You will learn more as you go along. I am going to talk to Alphonse about getting you set up and safe somewhere. Any questions?"

G

Guest 11456

Katrina Sue Yoppeigh : Female Computer Programmer

Katrina shakes her head. "No! I guess I'll just stay her for now. I probably should get back to my project." Then she starts to head back into the computer room. But then she remembers about her clothes and gives Barbara her sizes for jeans, t-shirts, shoes, and undergarments. After which she heads back into the computer room to try to find out some more about the worm.

Gomez

First Post
Katrina spends the rest of the day working on the virus and Barbara brings her some new clothes and toiletries. The only real thing you need to discover now is what is on the mpeg recording. So far you have been careful not to play it.

G

Guest 11456

Katrina tries to split out the separate parts of the MPEG. She attempts to separate out the audio, video and any other data into two or three files (depending on if there is any other data besides audio and video).

G

Guest 11456

Katrina decides this is as far as she should go without a lab. She is about to throw in the towel when she gets an idea. First she check to see if Phil is awake by speaking to the computer. If that doesn't work she will go in search of Mike to see about gettinf a hold of Phil. Once she has Phil's attention she will fill him in on what she has found. Then she will ask his advice.

G

Guest 11456

"Ah Phil! This is what I have found out about the worm. I have confirmed that it is a worm virus that is sent through email. The worm's only function is to play an mpeg file on the computer's monitor and speakers. It only does this when activated. It can be remotely activated through data sent on the Internet which is setup when first infected. A set time and date can be programmed into it to activate it. Once activated the mpeg function will run only when there is activity on the mouse or keyboard. Once the mpeg function has completed, the worm erases itself. As you might have guessed, it is very resistant to any known anti-virus programs. We still need to determine the actual contents of the mpeg file. But since we know what the end result is, we probably need to be very careful about it. I have separated the file into audio and video parts." She pauses a moment to allow Phil to take in everything. "What do you think we should do now? I would like to find out what is on the MPEG file or files now. But I want to keep things safe."

Gomez

First Post
"Hum" says Phil. "What do you think this virus does? I know it's supposed to hurt and even kill someone but I cannot fathom a mpeg killing anyone. Is it like something like from the movie, The Ring? You watch it and you die seven days later?" Phil let's out a laugh. "Maybe it is harmless when only the audio or video portion is played. I am stumped."

Last edited:

G

Guest 11456

"Well, I am hesitant to make a decision at this time. Do you think that perhaps a laboratory environment would be a better setting or would you care to give it a try?"

Remove ads