• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Demonomicon - after the big 14?

Who should be the subject of a Demonomicon article after the "big 14" are finished?

Thanael

Explorer
Re: Alphaks being on that wikipedia list: that would have been me who included him.

He's an ascended human flame wizard who takes the form of a Balor. His domain: Abyss/170/Doomgaard and/or the Sphere of Entropy depending on the source. He's called the Roaring Demon or Roaring Fiend, he's a CE outsider. So what if he is also divine? Some 2E Demon Lords where also Lesser Gods. He's definaltely a demon in my book.

Sources:
http://www.pandius.com/alphaks.html
http://www.pandius.com/roardemn.html

Shemeska

Adventurer
dyx said:

Those aren't exactly published sources though. I'm not aware of Alphaks being a part of the (A)D&D Abyss, just being a part of the continuity of (non-advanced)D&D, though admittedly I'm not very familiar with Mystara to say much about him otherwise.

And where did layer 170 of the Abyss come from? Not familiar with that one, or its name, unless it shows up in (non-advanced)D&D. I think there's a reason that neither it, nor alphaks, were including in the list of layers and abyssal lords in FC:I.

sckeener

First Post
Mr. Wilson said:
It depends if WoTC keeps Demonomicon or not in their new DI. If they keep the articles as part of DI, then if I was in their shoes, I would want to start it off with a bang, and thus have Orcus be the first demon released in the new DI version, and make Paizo choose a lesser known demon as it's swan song. Demonomicon has been one of the most well received articles Paizo put out, so I why not capatilize on the good-will its built up to help push your new DI, especially given the recent amount of ill-will WoTC has gathered?

That depends...on who writes the articles. There are very few I would trust to continue the Demonomicon.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
James Jacobs said:
...mmmmmm... Kiaransalee...

That's a good idea!

Bah! You have to have a good classic demon for the swan song of the series. Demogorgon I assume is the choice to tie in with Savage Tides. It really sucks that this has happened before you could put out all the classics. I have no faith in WOTC's designers to do nearly as good a job as you guys have done, unless they hire you to do them. I won't have any way to see them though unless they allow you to buy content piecemeal, as paying for a sub for one set of articles is too much for poor Flexor. :(

Darn you to Heck WOTC! *shakes fist*

James Jacobs

Adventurer
Of course, the problem is that no matter who I write up for the #359 issue... it'll be a disapointment since I didn't write up one of the other guys. That includes me, by the way. No matter which one I pick, I'll have wished a moment later I did another guy.

Now, that said, I think I've hit on a solution that'll wrap up the print-version of the series really well. It'll be a bit different than the others, but it's a pretty cool way to wrap things up, I think.

And all that said... I'd LOVE to keep writing Demonomicon articles, and I really do hope that WotC decides to keep the series going. Neither myself nor Paizo has heard what their plans are for the series yet, but I'm hopeful... Keep your fingers crossed!

Remove ads