• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Demonomicon - after the big 14?

Who should be the subject of a Demonomicon article after the "big 14" are finished?

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
of course, there is the slight possiblilty that #359 could be neither Orcus nor Graz'zt... in fact, it may not even be decided yet! It might be another major player like Pale Night or Obox-ob... or even little guys like Yeenoghu or Juiblex! :)

however... since #359's going to be a major event, it's going to be one of the major classics... and I'm betting on Orcus rather than Graz'zt, personally. who else has been around almost since day 1 of D&D?

Mr. Wilson

Explorer
It depends if WoTC keeps Demonomicon or not in their new DI. If they keep the articles as part of DI, then if I was in their shoes, I would want to start it off with a bang, and thus have Orcus be the first demon released in the new DI version, and make Paizo choose a lesser known demon as it's swan song. Demonomicon has been one of the most well received articles Paizo put out, so I why not capatilize on the good-will its built up to help push your new DI, especially given the recent amount of ill-will WoTC has gathered?

Mr. Wilson

Explorer
I'm not saying there's not. I'm just simply saying if I was WoTC and I was keeping Demonomicon, I would want to keep the big 2 for my first two articles to garner interest in my online publication. As much as I'm personally oppossed to the new pay-per-view content on the website, I would have to at least think about buying the issues for these articles.

That said, Jubiliex (or countless others) would be a fine swan song for Paizo.

Remove ads