Demonomicon - after the big 14?

Who should be the subject of a Demonomicon article after the "big 14" are finished?

Shemeska

Adventurer
Dwiergus - (because his link to Pale Night has sparked something in my brain, and when I get a fire in my brain about a fiend, we know what happens... or at least we do after a few thousand pages...) Jacobs made a really, really interesting fellow in only a few sentences.

Lynkhab - failed apotheosis into a god creates something not quite deific, but perhaps more than one, much to the particular lament of the now suicidal Lynkhab. I refer to her as the Paradox Queen, and she's a joy to write into stuff.

Obox-Ob - former Prince of Demons, Obyrith, insect motif... sold.

Alzrius - and not just because his Enworld namesake is my perennial GenCon roommate, but the lord of flame has had some really unique material on him written up over on Planewalker (Alzrius worshipper pyromances who self-immolate on the battlefield like buddhist tanar'ri monks...), plus the idea that his heralds literally carry a piece of Alzrius with them which slowly burns and finally consumes them over time.

Jer

Legend
Supporter
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
Who the heck stuck Alphaks onto Wikipedia as a demon lord?

Not just that, they've even assigned him a level of the Abyss - #170 "Doomgaard". I don't think that's from anything published - I think that was something someone from the Mystara mailing list came up with.

Actually, I'd like to see them do an "Infernal" version of the Demonomicon where we get some of the level of detail on the devils that we've been getting on the demon lords. It doesn't have to replace the Demonomicon - it could run in parallel with it...

Shemeska

Adventurer
Jer said:
Not just that, they've even assigned him a level of the Abyss - #170 "Doomgaard". I don't think that's from anything published - I think that was something someone from the Mystara mailing list came up with.

The wiki list was a mess for a while, and still might be. I haven't really bothered to go through the layer listings to edit them (except for removing a bunch of stuff assigned to layer 666 that was bonkers).

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
For those not aware of why Alphaks shouldn't be there, he's an Immortal of Entropy from Mystara, which makes him the Mystara equivalent of a god (it's not exactly the same thing according to some die-hards, but it's the closest analogue). He does behave in a way similar to one of the major demon lords, but he's not one, and he certainly doesn't dwell in the Abyss. Mystara's own cosmology may not even HAVE the Abyss, I don't recall.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
hmm, wished i'd done some research before coming up with this poll in that case, but i guess no real harm done. ;)

joshhg

First Post
Geoffrey said:
I voted for Turaglas, the single coolest addition to the game since the advent of 3rd edition.
Second! I still think he should be on the list of official Demonomicon articles. Being the basis of all of the others, and such.

Jer

Legend
Supporter
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
For those not aware of why Alphaks shouldn't be there, he's an Immortal of Entropy from Mystara, which makes him the Mystara equivalent of a god (it's not exactly the same thing according to some die-hards, but it's the closest analogue). He does behave in a way similar to one of the major demon lords, but he's not one, and he certainly doesn't dwell in the Abyss. Mystara's own cosmology may not even HAVE the Abyss, I don't recall.

Yup. In a lot of ways Alphaks was always written more like a demon lord than a god anyway. And the demons of the Mystara cosmology were all initially just low-level Immortals IIRC (I think this changed when they revamped the Immortals in Wrath of the Immortals). So I wouldn't be opposed to making Alphaks a demon lord if I were revamping Mystara for 3e, its just not something that has been done yet.

Mystara's cosmology did not have an Abyss or a Hell. Each Immortal got their own home plane to futz with, growing larger as the Immortal gained power, and there were potentially infinite other planes that weren't necessarily associated with an Immortal. There was a plane that the "evil" Entropic Immortals all used as a common meeting ground called "The Pit", IIRC, which I always thought of as a cross between the Hells and the Abyss all rolled into one piece of nastiness.

Voadam

Legend
Queen of Chaos, Miska, for rod of seven parts.

Then Astaroth and Haagenti. Astaroth has a wierd history with being a demon lord consumed by a baatezu who sometimes masquerades as him, and then the new vestige web enhancment which places him as originally a fallen angel.

Haagenti has the core ToM vestige thing going as well.

coriolis

Explorer
I voted for Shami-Amourae, the Queen of Succubi from a very early issue of Dungeon. The only reason I recognized her is that our group had a memorable adventure in her ruined temple.

Remove ads