Demonomicon - after the big 14?

Who should be the subject of a Demonomicon article after the "big 14" are finished?

Ripzerai

Explorer
I voted for Maelfesh (the villain that Rose Estes invented after she killed off Iuz), just to annoy Erik Mona. The idea of redeeming legacy craphawk amuses me, though.

sckeener

First Post
I think after the 14 I'd rather hear about the politics in the Abyss. We already know the politics of the 14 (by that point) and I'd like to see some of the machinations of these other demon lords...what circles they conspire in...what plots that hatch in the inklike depths of the Abyss.

I guess the reason is I don't know if I need a full work up on all the rest...I plan on keeping James employed through my Dragon and Dungeon subscriptions for the rest of my life, but I am not sure he'd like to be stuck detailing all the possible demon lords of the Abyss....

that said I'd like to hear about places and organizations in the abyss...the loose alliances...I'd like inferences to the above demon lords....

let me work them [the specifics of these lesser demon lords] out for my campaigns.

kenobi65

First Post
BOZ said:
that probably accounts for a good percentage of people who've voted for him. ;)

I know it's why I voted for him.

I mean, look at some of these names!

Alvarez - former football coach at the University of Wisconsin
Areex - sounds like one of the barflies in the Mos Eisley Cantina
Charun - suffers from a terrible inferiority complex, due to his name being too similar to a far-more-popular denizen of the outer planes. "No, not CharOn..CharUn, dammit!"
Dwiergus - got picked on by all the other demons
Lamashtu - wasn't this a Kaminoan in "Attack of the Clones"?
Lissa'aere - most popular name for female elves in EverQuest
Lynkhab - British-built module for the International Space Station
Nergel - even got beat up by Dwiergus
Nocticula - bad B-movie vampire. "Blah, blah, I am Nocticula, I vant to drink your blood!"
Nql - I'd like to buy a vowel, Pat.
Shaktari - Latin-American singer.
Shami-Amourae - French backup singer for Shaktari.

Last edited:

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Ripzerai said:
I voted for Maelfesh (the villain that Rose Estes invented after she killed off Iuz), just to annoy Erik Mona. The idea of redeeming legacy craphawk amuses me, though.

heh. i don't get the animosity, but then i didn't read those novels. :) and i'm not really a greyhawk fan. ;)

Ripzerai

Explorer
Erik Mona used to have a Rose Estes Hate Page that explained the animosity pretty well. All the rape and bestiality in those books takes its toll.

As for Maelfesh, here's the opening paragraph from The Demon Hand by Rose Estes.

"The demon Maelfesh was restless; even worse, he was bored. Life, or what passed for it, on the abyssal plane of existence inhabited by demons, was pretty dull after the first few thousand years."

Remove ads