• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Demonomicon - after the big 14?

Who should be the subject of a Demonomicon article after the "big 14" are finished?

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Hussar said:
I would point out that Haagenti is now a vestige in the Tome of Magic. Not coming back.

two different entities with the same name - a common occurance in that book.

James Jacobs

Adventurer
Hussar said:
I would point out that Haagenti is now a vestige in the Tome of Magic. Not coming back.

I wouldn't say that.
Who's to say Haagenti the vestige and Haagenti the demon lord are the same Haagenti? In fact, I'm sure they're not, since the Haagenti I mentioned in the Demonomicon (which riffed off of Armies of the Abyss a little) was the demon lord of alchemy, whereas the Haagenti of ToM is a minotaur god. There's already an established demon lord of minotaurs, in any case...

khyron1144

First Post
I voted for Abraxas because he's got a cool real world mythological, rleligious, magickal, and literary backgound and minimal D&D development.

Shemeska

Adventurer
khyron1144 said:
I voted for Abraxas because he's got a cool real world mythological, rleligious, magickal, and literary backgound and minimal D&D development.

And a Jesse Ventura movie too. We cannot forget 'Abraxas, Guardian of the Universe'. ;)

James Jacobs

Adventurer
johnnype said:
James,

What are your plans after the "big 14"?

I doubt you'll give us an answer but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Asking certainly can't hurt... but yup. It's still a LONG way off before the series moves out of the Big 14. I've certainly got my favorites, but they may or may not line up right with which ones SHOULD be done next. We'll see in a few years...

thorian

Explorer
I'd much rather see them do "Demonomicon" style articles on some of the other fiends. Some details of The Nine (and past Lords of the Nine), yugoloth leaders, and maybe apomps.

catsclaw227

First Post
Shemeska said:
The wiki list was a mess for a while, and still might be. I haven't really bothered to go through the layer listings to edit them (except for removing a bunch of stuff assigned to layer 666 that was bonkers).
This looks like a perfect job for Boz and Shemmy. ;)

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Thorian,

You're going to be waiting a while there. At least for the Lords of the Nine since they kind of did that with FC II.

James,

Just remember what I said about Orcus being ONE CR lower than Demogorgon. That's all I'm asking.

Ken,

See I didn't read any of those. If I did it was so long ago I've forgotten. But back to Chardun/Charun, he only gets confused cause people can't figure out what he is.

Remove ads