• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Demonomicon - after the big 14?

Who should be the subject of a Demonomicon article after the "big 14" are finished?

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
catsclaw227 said:
This looks like a perfect job for Boz and Shemmy. ;)

actually, i formatted that wiki list into a table in the first place. :) i don't think i've edited any out, and i prefer not to do that - if something is truly a mistake, someone will come along and remove it, as has now been done with Alphaks.

Shade

Monster Junkie
I voted for most of 'em. I'd rather see some of the throwaway reference names given the treatment first, just to see something truly new. I didn't vote for the Queen of Succubi runners-up, as they probably wouldn't differ that greatly from Malcanthet. I also didn't vote for Adimarchus, Eltab, Soneillon, Rhyxali, Turaglas (sorry Mouseferatu!), or Yrsillar, because they at least have 3E stats (albeit brief or outdated).

That said, I'll be happy with any Demonomicons, though, as I know James will make 'em great. :D

Shade said:
Turaglas (sorry Mouseferatu!)

'sokay. Just means I know who the first sacrifice will be when the Devourer rises. ;)

Seriously, I'm actually not sure what would go into a Demonomicon article on Turaglas that wouldn't be at least 75% reprint from the original article. I'd still love to see James give it a whirl, though, or have the chance to expand on it myself. :)

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Shade,

Technically thought that Sonellion from Champions of Ruin isn't the same Sonellion that is in FC I. For one thing I believe that FC/Great Wheel Sonellion is a guy.

ericlboyd

Explorer
The first appearance of the name "Soneillon" appears in the Monster Manual II [1e], page 35. She is listed as female and a lord (implying she does not have dominion over a complete layer). I used the name for a very powerful succubus in Champions of Ruin, who bears the title "Queen of Whispers." I also state that she may or may not be the "real Soneillon". I did this "name confusion" to build on early articles from Ed Greenwood suggesting that "duplicate names" are a regular practice in the Lower Planes and I wanted to play with that idea a bit.

--Eric

PS I'm hoping some of you change your votes after reading "The Wells of Darkness." :D

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Eric,

Really? I thought Sonilleon was a he. In any case, it was fine and I liked that part of CoR a good bit.

Are you trying to hint at something when Wells of Darkness makes it debut?

James Jacobs

Adventurer
Ahhhh... page 35. Best page ever.

I just started the development/initial edit pass on "Wells of Darkness," and yeah... there's a LOT more demon lore in there. In fact, these last four adventures at the end of Savage Tide are more demon-filled than anything Dungeon's ever published, I'd wager. Part 9, "Into the Maw," as an example, has references to Demogorgon, Socothbenoth, Graz'zt, Orcus, Malcanthet, Shami-Amourae, Miskha, and Obox-Ob.

ericlboyd

Explorer
Nightfall said:
Are you trying to hint at something when Wells of Darkness makes it debut?

Yes. There's some new lore on obscure demons, which might make some of the "just names a this point" seem more interesting. I hope. ;-)

--Eric

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads