Gamma Asia (i.e. Asa)
37379d1226007031-describe-your-vision-gamma-world-where-you-live-asa.jpg

Attachments

• Asa.jpg
    Asa.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 259

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
Mutant soccer moms driving around in white GMC Yukon Denalis that are now converted monster trucks. The SuAVs ( Suburban Assault Vehicles) have 50mm dual plasma turrets mounted on the back manned by their Ritalin dependent sons who have emo haircuts and fully integrated bio MP3 audio input/output with full SMS text capability.

Riding shotgun are their naturally emiciated daughters with sentient teacup lap dogs barking streetfighting warfare tactics out the window. The daughters carry $800 Fendi bags full of shock grenades and nerve gas spritzers.

Dad is on his Skynet Blackberry making trades for his fantasy regime change league all the while on the lookout for caches of MRE lattes, organic scones, and vitamin water.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
And last, but not least...

Gamma Australia (i.e. Auz-Sea Region OR just "Oz")
37382d1226007610-describe-your-vision-gamma-world-where-you-live-auz-sea-region.jpg

Attachments

• Auz-Sea Region.jpg
    Auz-Sea Region.jpg
    931.3 KB · Views: 237

Evilusion

First Post
Ok just saw this thread, I will through out a couple ideas that I used in my GW campaigns.

The first was set near Rockford, IL. I had a A.I station near the players home town. It was friendly and very helpful. Bad part is news got around fast of what had been discovered. Lots of raids by different CA's. When the Created came a calling it started to turn into a blood bath. The finally battle in a space port was fun.

The second one I based in the the Seattle area. I based the campaign a little on Rushs 2112 cd(played it every time we played, no one ever caught one until the end). I took a lot of insperation for that campaign from the cd. I just worked so well.

Evilusion

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Now? NYC suburb, so completely shelled, I'd wager.

Before? Rural California. On the Gamma World map, it's a giant lake, but in Road Hogs, it's where all the action takes place--I lived on 99 (Er, by 99).

We imagined an open plain with lots of fighting between individual villages, all vying for a high-tech military installation known simply as The Castle.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The first was set near Rockford, IL. I had a A.I station near the players home town. It was friendly and very helpful. Bad part is news got around fast of what had been discovered. Lots of raids by different CA's. When the Created came a calling it started to turn into a blood bath. The finally battle in a space port was fun.
That sounds like a fun but scary campaign. Did the heroes live or die?

Derulbaskul

Adventurer
I live in Singapore and it would make a great setting for a Gamma World campaign.

There are lots of tunnels here for underground trains and whatnot, plus the government has a penchant for secrecy that means that there are a large number of other underground installations which would make for great adventuring sites.

As for cryptic alliances, three spring to mind:

1. The Zoopremacists. The centre of Singapore contains a large and excellent zoo. This zoo would be the source of all mutant animals. I would have two factions: the more pacifist faction led by mutated elephants and the expansionist faction led by the mutated tigers (and their mutated primate spies).

2. A variation on the Knights of Genetic Purity. The founder of modern Singapore has some very distasteful views on genetics and what he believes is the inherent superiority of his own race... so he becomes the figurehead for the Knights of Genetic Purity here and their views are further narrowed to support only PSHs of that particular racial stock. They should wield hatchets.

3. The Shoppers. If there is one thing Singapore is known for it's shopping. A cryptic alliance devoted to recovering shopping centres and turning them into shrines/cathedrals to the great god of shopping would be a very Singaporean thing to do.

Ysgarran

Ann Arbor, MI Area.

I'd read this story for Ann Arbor, MI ideas.

There isn't much of a country left after the Wars. But this is America, right? There are still highways! And there are still trucks, and there is still the Wolverine Truck Stop and Motor Lodge. The Wolverine is a place where truckers can go to get a warm meal, sleep in a real bed, and swap their stories about Life on the Road.

Storymania - Title Box

edit:
Online if you don't want to download the word document:
http://www.sffworld.com/authors/g/goulish_michael/fiction/johnnyreb1.html

Remove ads