• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Destiny's Tears- First Interlude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Uhh...yeah, something like that. I would assume you'd be getting a simple basic minor helm from the convocation. Even the minor helms are very valuable, but the others are orders of magnitude more expensive, so handing out anything better without an initial payment would probably bankrupt even the fabled coffers of the Archduke."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Zykovian T’Erilan, Male Altanian Hp's: 24/28

Alire said:
"Uhh...yeah, something like that. I would assume you'd be getting a simple basic minor helm from the convocation. Even the minor helms are very valuable, but the others are orders of magnitude more expensive, so handing out anything better without an initial payment would probably bankrupt even the fabled coffers of the Archduke."
"If that is true," Zykovian looked at Melody for confirmation, "then it would take four days to catch them if we stayed two more days for the convocation. Thank you, Alire. What is your suggestion then Alire . . . or Abdiel?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Four days at least. I'm not sure what all these lines mean about how far it is now, but it could be another day or so, maybe, based on the current distance."

"This is a Valsian's Bargain," Abdiel replies, using the Mojiin expression for a dilemma in which there is no good option, "I do not want to leave prematurely and miss information that could be crucial in finding the Crazan Arris as well as losing the greater flexibility presented by having our own ship...But then, I would be devastated if we waited so long that their client showed up and they were gone before we got there..."

"Yes. It's a pity that the woman, Ayame, was so perceptive. If they had talked a bit longer, perhaps we could have figured out a more exact time-table, but now we are working with many pieces of the puzzle missing."

Thanee

First Post
Melody

“Didn't I say that a while ago, that it's moving away and will be gone soon? So, decide something and we can begin.”

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Molpe Lilypetals: Limnad/Female (Siren)

Molpe joined in with Melody’s annoyance at the indecisive men in the room, “and didn’t I say I wouldn’t go till the convocation was over?”

khavren

First Post
Fedowin

Fedowin shrugs again, "I was the one that suggested picking up a ship of our own if your recall. I say we find out how much it would be to get there and back, and if we can get there and back in time to get a ship from the convacation just in case they leaving the comet and heading somewhere on a ship of thier own."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Zykovian T’Erilan, Male Altanian Hp's: 24/28

Zykovian nodded, "Good point, Fedowin, I do remember that. So, to summarize . . . Molpe is staying until after the convocation, Abdiel has stated that it is a difficult decision, Melody offered to check on a ship, and Fedowin suggested the same thing. I'm not certain about Mhrazhar, here. Alire, I am not certain where you stand on the issue. Personally, I would recommend that we wait, gather more information, and get a ship after the convocation. Perhaps one with an improved helm."

"Did I miss anything in my summary?" Zykovian asked.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I think you covered everything...Here's a thought. We have seven, and eight if we really get the Pleb back. Ten if we rescue Bellangere and H'rrasa from prison. They have two ninjas. Perhaps we can split up and send one group to make sure they don't get away and another later on after the Convocation?"

Thanee

First Post
Melody

“That Wei-Han is a very dangerous person, and we do not know about the others. Splitting up will diminish our chances to defeat them. And I don't really see how we could stop the comet from moving, anyways. The only way to effectively hinder them is to get the gem from them, and we will need everyone to succeed there. Saying that, we should maybe start with your friends, Alire.”

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I agree that helping Bellangere and H'rrasa are important, and I agree with you somewhat about splitting up, by I can't shake the feeling that if we wait through the final two days of the convocation, we may be too late. Three days of convocation, three days of travel...that's giving them almost a week to meet their client."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads