Destiny's Tears OOC Thread- Prologue: A Jewel in the Shadow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Thanee said:
Sweet, thank you! :D Will take a look right away...

Bye
Thanee

P.S. Some suggestions:

1) Find the first rolls and go from there.
2) Make a new set of rolls and forget about the rest.
3) Find an alternate (kinda harsh, tho).
4) Ask him for a suggestion. ;)
I was actually thinking about all 4 of those, actually. ;) Can't make up my mind, so I want to hear what he has to say first...

Thanee

First Post
Hey, could it be that you mixed up the Fort/Ref saves? :p

At least I'd expect a Rogue/Sorcerer to have good Ref (esp. with the Trap Sense stuff in there) and bad Fort not the other way around. ;)

Bye
Thanee

Rystil Arden

First Post
Thanee said:
Hey, could it be that you mixed up the Fort/Ref saves? :p

At least I'd expect a Rogue/Sorcerer to have good Ref (esp. with the Trap Sense stuff in there) and bad Fort not the other way around. ;)

Bye
Thanee
Not exactly, but almost. I was so lazy that I just copied off of another class and forgot to change it. BAB is wrong too :(

Thanee

First Post
Yep, that looks more appropriate. :)

BTW, I think you forgot to list HD for everyone... it's obvious enough in most cases (i.e. d6 for the Infiltrator), just thought you might want to list the complete stats.

Toughest decision will be what feats to take... :eek:

Eschew Materials seems quite appropriate, tho, and probably some kind of Spell Focus (enchantment or illusion, supposedly). :)

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Thanee said:

BTW, I think you forgot to list HD for everyone... it's obvious enough in most cases (i.e. d6 for the Infiltrator), just thought you might want to list the complete stats.

Eschew Materials seems quite appropriate, tho, and probably some kind of Spell Focus (enchantment or illusion, supposedly). :)

Bye
Thanee
I would have responded to this sooner, but I saw it before the edit, when it just had a smiley, so I didn't know there was something new.

Yup, I forgot the HD. Grrr :(

Feat choice will be a pretty tough call.

Oh, and I think I forgot to mention this important stuff about the Dolathi to help their race make sense in context:

Dolathi can switch gender, so many of them are bisexual and switch genders quite a lot between forms, which caused one playtester's character who insisted on visiting the "Dolathi Bathhouse" to run away :)

Dolathi cannot reproduce in their featureless form, instead shifting into an alternate form and reproducing with another Dolathi or a normal member of the assumed race. Either way, the result is a Dolathi, but if the mother is not a Dolathi, she oddly does not swell up and become bloated with child, although experiencing all the other effects of pregnancy. If the mother is a non-Dolathi, the Dolathi will briefly appear as a genetic clone of the mother, albeit an infant, before it can control its powers. These Dolathi are more likely to develop a distinctly feminine personality and consider themselves to be women. And then there are some Dolathi that just prefer male forms, although they are less common.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Thanee said:

Bye
Thanee
Actually, Thanee, since you guys start with 2,000 XP, you only have one feat. But that may be a blessing in disguise because you're quite close to level 3, so you'll get to feel your character out before committing to a feat.

Thanee

First Post
No problem (was assuming 3rd level, but that's fine). :)

Will just go with Eschew Materials then, as it seems to fit so well.

Bye
Thanee

Rystil Arden

First Post
Thanee said:
No problem (was assuming 3rd level, but that's fine). :)

Will just go with Eschew Materials then, as it seems to fit so well.

Bye
Thanee
Yeah, it would make sense. And you can use the money you save on a spell component pouch to buy some props for disguises ;)

And I realised that it would have to start at 2nd-level because certain portions of this adventure were successfully completed by playtesters with a level 1 group, so I don't want to have to scale them up all too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads