• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Detchitoyo HS Q.1 Continued

Festy_Dog

First Post
Thomas waited patiently for the mages' reply to his idea, but none was forthcoming.

Perhaps they are unwilling to cause any water damage, regardless of if it is in order to not do worse. Then again, they could be just ignoring me. I could leave, which is very tempting, but I will try to speak with them again first.

"If you did not like my previous suggestion, why not start having the sphere drain at a slow rate. I would then use the draining water to create a disposal system made of ice, thus getting rid of the water without causing any more water damage," he explains.

Zack2216

First Post
The globe of water shutters momentarily above you. The student-mage speaks up, "Freezing the outside of the globe and creating a spout and a hole at the top sounds like a good idea. But we need to decide on something, and fast."

OOC: So, what's the plan? Thomas' suggestion is a feasable one. That, and Lugh has established mind control over the old cirlce leader.

Rikandur Azebol

First Post
Usagi, sword girl.

Usagi smiled slightly to the assembled.

"Do as Thomas-san said, sorcerers. Act, not whine. As I can see that Thomas-san will handle it, I'll leave ... must dry up."

She stands relaxed, despite fact that they are all look very similiar to drown kittens. ANd returned behind the door, just enough to see the performance and don't suffer from raining anymore.

Festy_Dog

First Post
When/If it looks as though the mages' strength is about to give way and there hasn't been a unanimous decision, Thomas will go through with his disposal plan anyway.

Lichtenhart

First Post
A very wet J.K. helps as he can. The mystical part of the plan is out of his league, but since he thankfully don't feel the cold too much, he'll do his best to keep the frozen bowl in place as it pours down.

OOC: Be sure to check the pic of J.K. a friend made for me! Click on my sig to get to it. :)

Zack2216

First Post
"Freeze it, we'll lower it so that your fury friend can can lift it from us. Once it is in your hands," looking at J.K. "just pour it into one of the drains. If you pour slowly you shouldn't worry about overflow, I'm sure they won't notice."

Reducing the temperature of the outer skin of the globe to arctic degrees, Thomas flash freezes the water on the outside. Lugh, commanding the circle leader, forces him to rejoin the circle (after the spell binding him was released). Some stability returns, and the circle is able to slowly lower the ball to J.K. However, the ball weighs 100's of tons and J.K. falters. The mages, seeing J.K. begin to buckle, lift enough of the weight off of him to still be of aid. Lowering it to the ground, J.K. gets behind it and begins to roll it to the edge, where the hole was positioned.

Pooring it into the raincatchers, the crisis is now averted. Everyone soaked, the ice disposed of, night sky can now be seen, the clouds having cleared up by the time the water was poured out. A feeling of accomplishment settles over each of you, glad you were able to stop this prank gone wrong.

For those still interested, a party still lies below you.

Last edited:

Festy_Dog

First Post
It is done. I am relieved.

Thomas looked about at the others as he packed away his weapon.

"I am going to find a place to dry off, then I shall return to the party," he stated, then looked at the mages, "If you each perhaps have a set of, hopefully dry, civilian clothes I would suggest changing into them. You could possibly blend into the throng downstairs and enjoy a little of the festivities if you do not want to waste the trip here."

With that Thomas paces off to find a bathroom with towels on one of the upper floors.

Rikandur Azebol

First Post
Usagi, sword bunny.

"I agree with Thomas-san. Challenge them later ... and be prepared, then if they won only because You were exhausted ... You would avenge your humilation in proper way."

Added Usagi with gentle tone, and turned around, returning inside and throwing the borrowed bokken back at the fan. Several boys started to squabble over it as if it was relic of sorts ...

"Thank You very much."

She spoke blankly, unsettled as always with reactions of others. Then she turned to J.K. and waited until he entered indoors.

"Thank You for offer of helping me, J.K.-kun. So ... tommorow ? And Your girlfriend may wish to dance some with You."

She ended with slight humor in her tone. Her eyes glittered mischiefvously.

Imerak

First Post
Tetsuya releases a sigh of relief and goes to join the others. I need a place to dry off he thinks, even though he wasn't as in the rain as the others were. Tetsuya reaches down into his pocket and feels his cards, just to make sure they were all still dry. "That was pretty good! I didn't know you could do things like that, Thomas.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Thomas nods, and droplets of water fall from his face onto his soaken shirt.

"We have not known each other long, so I am sure you have your own abundance of talents I am yet to see," he replies, "If the mages had followed through with their plan I doubt it would have been an effective form of vengeance. The collateral damage would have earned them much enmity from the representatives of other clubs present."

I should get to know Tetsuya a little better. It could only be beneficial.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads