Deuce Traveler's Campy Ptolus Adventure (Palace of the Silver Princess)

B3: Palace of the Silver Princess, please. I haven't read it, don't own it, and have been considering running it for my 6-year-old daughter; it would be fun to play through it before I run it.

A bard would be great fun to play in a campy/noir game. I think I may wait just a day or two to see which ruleset and module shakes out of the discussion before creating a character, though.

Erekose13

Explorer
Palace of the Silver Princess :) I've not played or seen that on (actually that goes for all of them). But this one has intrigued me for quite a while.

Brother Allard

First Post
I'm thinking Swashbuckler. The camp possibilities are enough to make me giddy.

As for the adventure, any would be fine. Like Autumn, the only two I own are the last two, and uh... yeah.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Sounds like Palace of the Silver Princess is the winner. I'll adjust it so that it's hard enough for 4th-level characters. I'll be redoing the first post with the game info sometime today...

Added note... This module is part DnD and part save-the-princess fairy tale, so if you guys want to create over the top heroes that are more stereotypes than round characters, I say go for it. You might not play a paladin, but rather the chisel-faced poster boy for men in shining armor. The bard is either a minstrel who plays like the guitarist in Animal House or love-struck romantics that woo each woman they see. Every wizard thinks that he isn't just intelligent, but that his genius exceeds that of any other mortal ever born. And that girl in the chainmail bikini... not only does it provide the same AC bonus as a full suit, but she also stays warm in winter climes with a small cloak and sheer sauciness.

Also, I edited the original post. Please look at the rules at the top and by all means, ask questions.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I am an enworld newbie here...still needing more players? I am familiar with 1 ed, 2 ed, player's ops and 3.5 ed.

I am there fore open pretty much to what ever is agreed upon. I have noticed many thing i know nothing about such as the little spoiler box thingy, and i have noticed a request for color claims. i may need to make some adjustments on my computer (read: i have a custom color background i will have to remember how i got just to remmber how to shut it off).

i have been playing d and d for about 25 years now...yes i am an old fart gamer. *pulls out pipe and lights it while sipping Drambuie brandy*

Mista Collins

First Post
I am also very interested in this game as it sounds like a lot of fun. The concept, the execution, the tongue-in-cheek, and all the cheese. I'm already drooling over my keyboard thinking about how much fun this could be.

Do you want us to put up a character concept? How are they going to be selected? I'm so excited to be nuts.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Scott DeWar said:
I am an enworld newbie here...still needing more players? I am familiar with 1 ed, 2 ed, player's ops and 3.5 ed.

I am there fore open pretty much to what ever is agreed upon. I have noticed many thing i know nothing about such as the little spoiler box thingy, and i have noticed a request for color claims. i may need to make some adjustments on my computer (read: i have a custom color background i will have to remember how i got just to remmber how to shut it off).

i have been playing d and d for about 25 years now...yes i am an old fart gamer. *pulls out pipe and lights it while sipping Drambuie brandy*

Welcome aboard. We'll use v3.5 rules since that seems to be where most people are comfortable. Just ask about how to do anything here, and I'd be willing to show you. For instance, if I want to change a color to red I would type the following without the spaces.

[ c o l o r = r e d ]

Then after the necessary colored text I would type

[/ c o l o r ]

Like this for example

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Mista Collins said:
I am also very interested in this game as it sounds like a lot of fun. The concept, the execution, the tongue-in-cheek, and all the cheese. I'm already drooling over my keyboard thinking about how much fun this could be.

Do you want us to put up a character concept? How are they going to be selected? I'm so excited to be nuts.

Go ahead and put up a character concept, but I will most likely approve it. Characters will be selected by a combination of character personality and who posted characters first. I'll probably take 6 to start out with, along with several alternates. Since I plan to let the dice decide the outcome, come what may, and encounters will be strengthened to be at least somewhat of a threat, alternates will be likely used.

Mista Collins

First Post
Carl, male halfling

Here's just a quick concept. Either a rogue or bard.

With apple in hand, the male halfling Carl has the mischievous smile of a child who did something bad and just got caught. His trade: whatever he is doing at the time & cheesy jokes. His motivation: curiosity & food. His weapon: his wits, maybe a poky thing & food.

Carl can always be found with either food in his pocket, in his hand, or in his mouth. even though his love of food takes up most his time, Carl still finds enough of what time is left to get into trouble and explore his curiosity. With a catalog full of bad cheesy jokes, if his adversaries don't die from laughing, Carl next option usually is running.

Remove ads