Deuce Traveler's Sewer Rats [RECRUITING 1 PLAYER]

Fenris

Adventurer
I'm glad you like the Union officials and city bureaucracy so far. I'm letting Terry Pratchett's influence seep into those portions.

Ah ha, so I should read some Pratchett huh? Any recommendation on where to start? (No, I have not read any of his books, yes I have heard of him ;) )

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Although the Color of Magic isn't the best Discworld book, it is the first and it stars Rincewind. I'd start with this book. After that, each Discworld book stands on its own, so you can pick one up and read it without getting lost. Rincewind is a lousy wizard and is always running away from a fight. Supposedly he is based on Pratchett's first surviving DnD character. At first level, a magic-user could only cast one weak spell, and then after that he spent most of the rest of the game day trying not to get himself killed. Rincewind is forever stuck as a low-level magic-user constantly running away and trying not to get killed.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
So bear with me, but I want to try a puzzle-solving mission instead of a combat heavy mission. I am not sure that this is the best medium to do it with, but here goes. You need to:

1.) Find a way to go from duct exit to duct entrance by crossing a large corridor (sewer waterway with platforms on either side), either by scaling the ceiling, firing a rope or other such device across, or climbing down one wall to creep across the room and then climb up the far wall and into a duct. All the while avoiding being noticed by guards and pedestrian foot traffic.

2.) Safely descend down a slippery chute and gently entering the surging water of another pipe, rather than falling into the water and being swept away.

3.) Coming up for air under grates spaced in regular intervals as you traverse the final water pipe in order to climb up into the old meeting hall and hand over the summons to the mobster leader.

I envision this to be a freeform puzzle where I explain the obstacles you face and you plan on how to overcome them. Your characters will spend the evening and the next day preparing. Then we'll execute the plan and make any necessary skill, attribute, and saving throw checks along the way.

You should discuss your plan and ask your questions here, and then we'll move back into the IC thread when everyone is ready.

ghostcat

First Post
Initial Thoughts:

Is there somewhere we can go to practise? Needn't be identical just somewhere we can go to see if the plan works and what are the pit falls.

First thoughts on 3. No idea if its practical: If we could anchor a rope at one and and attach a sea-anchor at the other we should be able to use the flow of the water to hold it taught. This should allow us to "walk" along it, hand over hand.

[OMENRPG]Ben

First Post
I'm very sorry to say that I simply don't have the time that I thought I did to play this game. I really enjoy the setting and the gameplay Deuce, so don't take it as a slight to you or the game, I just have been very feverishly trying to complete OMEN on schedule. I will get a hold of all of you if my schedule slows down. Thanks again for the game and I had fun during the short time I was involved.

Have a good game! And feel free to kill off Chernguk or whatever you need.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
My posting schedule has become begged down as well. I am still in, but my posting will be less frequent for the next month at least.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Ben, we'll just consider your character on the rosters and employed, but just not getting enough adventure to go up in XP. Herobizkit, understood and no worries.

Ok guys, a few days has been enough of a wait, I figure. Tell me what you are purchasing, and edit your character sheet accordingly. We'll also assume your characters did a couple of test runs. Any item from the Sewer Rat item list or PHB equipment list is approved. I'll start the next chapter tomorrow night.

Remove ads